+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New To It All

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD
    I believe Michael would agree with me that if, for some reason, things with your water seem iffy, and you aren't certain, more testing is necessary.
    Absolutely, without a doubt. When adding chemicals or setting the SWC, I will test on a daily basis. (!) Once everything settles down, I go back to the aforementioned schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD
    But if your SWG allows "set and forget" for a week at a time, I can definitely see its attraction.
    It definitey is; It's very repeatable. Once I get to my normal 9hr summer pumping schedule, I set it to 40% output and I'm done. Once a week, I add 32oz of acid and that's about it. It's such a boon to me especially when my work schedule picks up and I don't get home early enough to fiddle with the pool.

Ok, 'nuff of that, back on topic!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Robin N
    The pool and hot tub are seperate. Thanks for your reply. Will I need 2 seperate test kits or will one test both? How can I find out what needs to be done for each once I use the test?

Robin N.
    If you're going to use chlorine - bleach in the pool and dichlor in the tub - no.

If you plan on using bromine in the tub ... maybe. I believe that the Taylor kit can measure both chlorine and bromine. The kit that's sold here is similar to a Taylor kit but measures much higher chlorine concentrations so it too can be used I think. Testing both is exactly the same.

Owning both a pool and a tub I can tell you their both easy with the pool being a tad bit easier. Hot water kills chlorine and has it's own requirements vs a pool. One thing is that you will need calcium in the tub but it may be not necessary in the pool if it's vinyl lined.

People tend to use more types of chemicals in a tub but I really try to keep it simple. Bacteria is (actually can be - not necessarily "is") the problem in portable tubs where algea is more of a problem in pools.

+ Reply to Thread