+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which brand of solar panels used by professionals and where to get them?

Default Which brand of solar panels used by professionals and where to get them?

Hello,

I'm planning to install solar panels for my 36x18 IG pool.

There are eBay sellers currently selling either SunGrabber or SunHeater solar panels. CostCo sells SunHeater.

I'd appreciate pointers as to what brand of solar panels the professionals install for their customers and where they can be acquired from.

Also, for those owners of either SunGrabber or SunHeater who recently installed theirs, I'd appreciate hearing your experience with these and whether you're satisfied or not.

Thank you.

Default Re: Which brand of solar panels used by professionals and where to get them?

I think most pros install Fafco or Helicoil. You can get them from....pro system installers. I don't believe either is available directly to consumers.

Default Re: Which brand of solar panels used by professionals and where to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    I think most pros install Fafco or Helicoil. You can get them from....pro system installers. I don't believe either is available directly to consumers.
    Fafco is available on the web as a Google search will tell you. You can also find local dealers on their site. Helicoil is not a manufacturer of solar panels. Perhaps you were thinking of the Helio-Matic controller like I have on my system.

My system came with the house so I don't know what brand it is but it looks like a simple do-it-yourself project. We'll see when replacement time comes
    34 X 22/15 inground vinyl w/ Hayward equipment

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

The other company you are looking for is Heliocol.
    http://www.heliocol.com/
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    The other company you are looking for is Heliocol.
    http://www.heliocol.com/
    That's what I get for working in repair so long. That's the first word that comes to mind and the panel spelling always looks wrong to me.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread