+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems Vacuuming with New filter

Default Problems Vacuuming with New filter

HI all,

Hoping someone can help me with this very annoying problem.

Through these boards i have been able to learn to keep my pool crystal clear day in and day out.

but seems like everytime something goes right something else goes wrong.

I got a new sandfilter this year replacing my DE filter. I know some people think DE is better and maybe they are but i don't have to the time to pump and crap.

So last year when i would vacuum my pool i'd eventually lose section after i started vacuuming, i realized i had an whole in my hose.

this year i started fresh, new liner filter, hose for my vacuum and new vacuum.

Now whenever i hook up the vacuum i lose suction immediately. I don't think its sucking air seeing that i've tried a hundred times to keep the air out and the same process worked for me last year.

I'm very annoyed and am having a party saturday and would like to clean my pool. anyone know what might be the problem?

thanks in advance,
    Jim

Default Re: Problems Vacuuming with New filter

Hard to say for sure without knowing about your pool. It could be that you aren't getting the hose completely full of water before connecting it, or it could be that the pump just draws too much water through the skimmer for the vacuum hose to supply it. If you have a main drain or another skimmer, set the valves to feed some water through those. If not, there are vacuum plates that can be set to allow some water to flow directly into the skimmer.

scootchu is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst scootchu 0

Default Re: Problems Vacuuming with New filter

Quote Originally Posted by jimmurphy24 View Post
    HI all,

Hoping someone can help me with this very annoying problem.

Through these boards i have been able to learn to keep my pool crystal clear day in and day out.

but seems like everytime something goes right something else goes wrong.

I got a new sandfilter this year replacing my DE filter. I know some people think DE is better and maybe they are but i don't have to the time to pump and crap.

So last year when i would vacuum my pool i'd eventually lose section after i started vacuuming, i realized i had an whole in my hose.

this year i started fresh, new liner filter, hose for my vacuum and new vacuum.

Now whenever i hook up the vacuum i lose suction immediately. I don't think its sucking air seeing that i've tried a hundred times to keep the air out and the same process worked for me last year.

I'm very annoyed and am having a party saturday and would like to clean my pool. anyone know what might be the problem?

thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Has this new combo worked at all? Is the skimmer door getting stuck in the closed position? Check the hose for a clog. That's a wierd problem. Also check the seal on the pump strainer.

+ Reply to Thread