+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salt generation question

Default Salt generation question

I have a question concerning testing for Cl when using a salt generator. We installed a Jandy unit last Friday. After the 24 hour waiting period we turned it on and set it at 100% for 24 hours. I then set it back to 55%. I have tested the water twice since then and gotten the same readings; 1.5ppm TC, .5ppm FC. I can turn up the % to increase the TC, but I am a bit surprised that the FC is staying so low. I would have thought that the constant CL flow would have kept these numbers closer together. Any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated. I can shock with some shock which I have, but I was hoping to get away from that.

Thanks

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thumbs up Re: Salt generation question

I think what happened in the time between your adding water to the pool and getting the SWCG up and running something tried to grow in your pool. Shocking with liquid chlorine is the best way to deal with this, your SWCG can only generate a certain amount per day and using the liquid chlorine saves on both cell run time and money.

Once this initial 'chlorine demand' is resolved, the SWCG should be able to take care of almost everything in the future
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread