Well after moving into our new home almost four years ago and inheriting a 26K gal IG concrete pool that was addicted to Baquacil, I have had enough. No, this is not a Baquacil bashing, in fact when it was working, we really enjoyed it, other than the high costs. But finally the 'pink water mold' has taken over. It started about two seasons ago and slowly got worse with no help from the Baquacil dealer, other than his suggested fix which was to shock the pool with Chlorine and convert back to Baquacil. Hmm, what's wrong with this picture....Shock a Baquacil pool with Chlorine, then go back to Baquacil....I don't think so. Anyway, I'm getting off track. Becasue of some other pool housekeeping items, replacing caulking between waterline tile and coping, pool needs to be acid washed, time to replace the seals in the pump and must replace the sand in the filter after using Baquacil, it was evident that this would be a good time to drain the pool and refill once all the housekeeping items were complete and make the switch to Chlorine. Here's my question, finally. We are on well water, which is treated via a Iron removal filter and water softener (two separate units). The water that fills the pool is passed through the Iron removal filter only. When we used Baquacil there is a dry chemical I added once per month, 1.25 LBS, called "Chlorine Free Baquacil Metal Control". It states on the bottle that it 'deactivates Iron, Copper and other trace metals'. Is there an equivalent that I need to add and continue to add to our Chlorine pool? Not sure that it did anything for the Baquacil pool, but it took money out of my wallet. By the way, I did order Ben's test kit last week. Have a great day and thanks in advance.

Scott