+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need To Vent

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

Default Need To Vent

I am so frustrated, I could just scream!!!!
    I have spent my entire Sunday running around trying to find pvc parts to fit my pool. This year I decided to change out our standard pool pump to a 2 speed to save money on electricity. I went from a sta-rite above ground 1 1/2 hp to a hayward in ground 1 hp (2 speed.) The outlet on the hayward is smaller , so I needed to change out the pvc . I got a piece from Lowe's that would work coming out of the pump, but I still needed a piece to fit on the existing flexible tube going into the filter. I didn't realize that parts from home improvement stores don't fit with pool store pvc parts. The threads are finer on the pvc from the pool store. When I went back to the pool store they didn't really have a piece to make the transition correctly. I was told the one piece they did have was meant for a hottub and it might work. That piece of pvc ONLY cost me $42.00. What a racket! There must be a better way of plumbing than this. Denise

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

Default Re: Need To Vent

Just an update: Last October when I shut down the pool I took all of the o-rings from my hoses and put them in the pump basket for safe keeping. Now I can't remember where I put them and I had to replace them. I'm sure you can guess the only place I could get them from--the pool store. It cost me $44.00 for 7 o-rings. What a shock. I my be in my 50's but come on--$44.00? I wish my memory was better! Denise

+ Reply to Thread