+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to Buy PolyQuat 60?

b2001 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst b2001 0

Default Where to Buy PolyQuat 60?

A local supermarket - Tom Thumb - has carried the AquaChem brand and really been the only source for this the last few years, but they're not selling it anymore. It's not sold at Home Depot or Lowe's, and I don't see it at Pool stores, either. I can find the other algaecides that have metals, etc.

I'm in the Dallas area. I would think that I could find it somewhere.

I've seen this on In The Swim - the chemicals are not listed so I don't know for sure:

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemic...ecide-60-Plus/

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Where to Buy PolyQuat 60?

That's the stuff.
    Carl

Post Re: Where to Buy PolyQuat 60?

Leslie's Pool Supply has their Algae Control/PolyQuat 60 on sale for $37.50 a gallon. Only thing is you need a coupon. Sale is on till July6, 2008

I find it interesting that you are having problems finding PolyQuat 60 in the Dallas area. I am having the exact same problem here in Atlanta. All of a sudden (since May/June) all of my usual sources for it have dried up and they sell only the Copper versions. I used to be able to buy it at nearly any Home Depot, Lowes, or Wal-Mart, and have been able to for years. Suddenly, it is nowhere to be found except at Leslies, at nearly twice the price. I guess I'll have to wait for another Leslie sale or buy online from now on. I wonder what's behind the sudden disappearance of the product from sticks-and-bricks retailers?

We have had similar problems finding POLYQUAT 60 here in Midwest. Meijer used to stock but now their algeacied is just the coppper.

Only source we've been able to find is Bioguard form the pool stores.

Any other sources would be appreciated.

TJenvey-Central IL

We get ours from poolgeek.com
    http://www.poolgeek.com/ProTeam-Polyquat-60-P2378.aspx

OSH in California carries Kem-Tek brand polyquat 60 for $18/quart.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

My own personal rule-of-thumb is that Polyquat should be under $20/quart for me to buy it, unless I'm desperate.

All the pool stores sell it in this area, (NJ), including the biggies like Branch Brook, Leslies, National Pool, as well as the single store shops. Remember: It could be called ANYTHING like Mustard Algae controller or Black Algaecide--I look at the ingredients for the 60% Poly....<something> and ignore the label.

When it's on sale I'll buy several quarts--it doesn't go bad in a cool, dark basement.

It's amazing the literal crud pool stores will sell you that mess up your pool. Like selling you poison as "nutrients".

When you see "Double-acting Stabilized Chlorine", beware--the second actor is....COPPER.

Copper's great stuff. Goes good in pennies (better than zinc), nickels (75% copper), electrical wire, roof flashing, certain cookware, and other decorative stuff. But it's lousy for pool water.
    Carl

If there's a Namco in your area it sells polyquat for 19.99 a quart.It's called Mustard Algaecide.I found it AFTER I paid 32.00 a quart @ Leslies.Ain't that a *****!

Celtics in 7!

+ Reply to Thread