+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Algae or not ??

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Default Algae or not ??

FOR the FORUM EXPERTS:::I have a pretty general question that I KNOW will help me and I'm sure, other viewers to the Forum:

IF my water IS green and cloudy and IF I'm holding my FC numbers over nite AND IF I have no CC to speak of, do I have an algae problem ???

(God willing, NO ONE else is having the same problem)...!
    Last edited by stma; 06-09-2008 at 06:09 AM.

Default Re: Algae or not ??

You have to post all your test parameters or these guys can't help you. Give them as much info as you can.
    I live in South Florida. I have owned my first pool for 6 years now. 12,200 gal. with exposed aggregate finish, spa with spill over, cartridge filter, pop up bottom cleaning jets, Chlorine by swg. I am eternally grateful for The Pool Forum!!

15'x30' Rectangle w/ ovals at ends 12.2K gal IG pool; Bleach now as SWCG died.; Hayward 1200 cartridge filter; Emerson 2HP pump; 6hrs; Taylor K-2006 La Motte Borate Test Strips; utility; summer: ; winter: ; iPad; PF:9.8

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

It is entirely possible to have a CC of zero and still have an algae problem. Usually the FC won't hold overnight, though. Since you have so many issues with your water, and have posts all over the forum about it, it's getting hard for me to keep up with what you've tried and what you haven't. It would be a much better idea (and you're more likely to get useful information without repeats) if you would start one thread somewhere (or pick one you've already started) and stick with it until you get the water cleared up. It takes some patience sometimes for us to figure out the problem and give you a solution that works, and sometimes it's a trial-by-error process, but with some patience it will happen....but if you have multiple posts everywhere and are trying multiple solutions at once, you can easily go all summer before your water gets clear.

Janet

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Janet, this was no more than just a simple post to let owners know that constant shocking is not always the answer...I shocked the pool for almost 3 weeks with 35+ gallons of bleach only to find that I had a metals issue...

Grant it, high CL levels was ALWAYS the remedy for me in the past...however this time, it just didn't do the trick....

My posts' spanned different categories as time went on, but you're right, it is difficult to keep track of (especially for me)....thanks for the tip..

Quote Originally Posted by stma View Post
    FOR the FORUM EXPERTS:::I have a pretty general question that I KNOW will help me and I'm sure, other viewers to the Forum:

IF my water IS green and cloudy and IF I'm holding my FC numbers over nite AND IF I have no CC to speak of, do I have an algae problem ???

(God willing, NO ONE else is having the same problem)...!
    I'm no pool expert, but I know very well that metals in water can be detected. Get a sample and send it to a reliable source and know what you have. Just my 2Cs.
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :

22k Gal gunite IGP
    38 SF DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    Raypak 350k BTU Natural Gas Heater and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator with bleach
    Dolphin robotic cleaner
    Taylor k-2006 test kit

+ Reply to Thread