+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hope you're there Marie ??

szampino is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst szampino 0

Default Re: Hope you're there Marie ??

How is it going?

When you get a chance post an update.

Please include full water make up,fc,cc,tc,alk,ph,cal,cya. Please also include your Pool size, liner, and filter type.
    Revived POP
    Intex Blow-up Ring 18x48 round
    Cartridge Filter

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Yes, I would be interested to see if the stain came back with the additional chlorine. It is how we all learn It is always good to post a current set of numbers
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Perhaps because it's Father's Day, things are looking up for me...Got POUNDED with rain last nite (sure you saw the same Marie), and thought i'd wake to a nitemare...Fortunately the CL held it's own over-nite...The same 5ppm yesterday was the same 5ppm this AM...Sun is on the pool now, so I'll see how much I lose through the course of the day...Water never "tinted" green after the Clorine addition, so maybe I'll be OK.....Rain DID raise the PH to 7.8 though...

as for the specs:
    18 ft round/ sand/ vinyl/ 7600 gallons
    FC: 5
    CC: 0
    TC: 5
    PH: 7.8 (acid added minutes ago)
    ALK: 90-95
    CYA: 30-35
    CAL; 130

taking your cue, It's just ONE THING at a time for me !!....have not had the need to use additional metal out as the water appears to "clean-up" on its own after clorine additions...... However. my days of 'hard" shocking may be at an end...anytime more than 2 qt. of bleach is added, the water tints green....(In the past, I never thought twice about dumping 2 gallons at a time to "clear" things up).

So far, so good.....Thanks for asking....

szampino is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst szampino 0

Looks like your on the road to recovery.

Watch the PH bounce and do your best to keep it in check. 7.2 - 7.3. Your Alk level appears to be pretty good.

Something I learned from some other posts to help manage the PH is to lower your PH to the 7.0 with the MA and then Airate the water with a waterfountain or something to bring it back up.

**I used to have my water feature on all the time and could never figure out why my PH level kept rising....

Happy swimming.
    Revived POP
    Intex Blow-up Ring 18x48 round
    Cartridge Filter

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Sounds really great I think you have it down pat now You can aerate the water by turning the return eye up so that the water bubbles on the surface of the water. Only do this if your ph goes below 7, cause your alkalinity is ok.

We only got about 5 minutes of heavy rain yesterday, although it looked like we were going have a really big storm
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

+ Reply to Thread