+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where's everyone from?????

Default Where's everyone from?????

I'm from Northern Ky myself. It's cool because I can be in Cincinnati in about 10 minutes. I hate the cold winters, but I do enjoy the changing of the seasons. Where's everyone else from?

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Default Re: Where's everyone from?????

Pleasanton, California just east of Oakland. This is our first week of good weather and I just turned on my solar panels starting at a temp of 65 degrees. Hope it warms up enough by the weekend.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by badkins
    I'm from Northern Ky myself. It's cool because I can be in Cincinnati in about 10 minutes. I hate the cold winters, but I do enjoy the changing of the seasons. Where's everyone else from?
    You can add that information to your profile, accessed via the "User CP" (Control Panel). On most forums, that info is just in the "how interesting" category. But here, it will actually help you give / get better answers -- location matters in terms of what sort of pool care is appropriate.

Thx,

Ben
    PoolDoc

Texas,Galveston County

SPitz Guest

Originally from Sandusky Ohio...now in Katy Texas which is a suburb of Houston. Been here for almost 9 years now.

Texas here also (Abilene)

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Northeast PA (Ashland)
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Just to reiterate what PoolDoc said in his post above - you can go to the user control panel and put where you are from. Then, it will appear on all of your posts. Very simple to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom
    Just to reiterate what PoolDoc said in his post above - you can go to the user control panel and put where you are from. Then, it will appear on all of your posts. Very simple to do.
    Ok call me an idiot, but I dont see where to do this. And watermom , by your post does that mean we are not suppose to post on this one any more?

duraleigh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Poolidiot
    Ok call me an idiot, but I dont see where to do this. And watermom , by your post does that mean we are not suppose to post on this one any more?
    Go to "user cp" at the top left of this thread. When it opens, click on edit profile and then go down the right side of the screen and you can put personal info there.

What watermom (and Ben) is saying is that it's helpful to know your geographic location when you post a new thread.......and, yes, if everyone would do that it would make this thread useless.

While we're being friendly, I would like to see folks put up a first name when they post. Then, if you are addressing one particular person, it is much more pleasant to call them by a first name than a username. (yours is a good example) It is sometimes a stretch to convey the friendly nature of your post when your first words are "Dear Poolidiot,"!!!

+ Reply to Thread