Hey y'all,

Just received my PBCGMax back from WaterTech last week. Used it today for first time. I did not get any explanation via phone or insert in return box as to what work, if any, was done.

Previous problem: not alot of suction. I'd have to go over and over a regular dust area along seam on vinyl lining. Sucking up leaves was non-existent. Then, about 3 months into use, product just died. Would not recharge.

Current issue: Still no suction to speak of, product sounds as if it's straining...that's new. Wouldn't even pick up the fine dust stuff on the steps. Did pick up the larger tree/pollen debris in deep end well. Because of the "straining" sound, hooked product back up to the charger. Noticed a red dot inside on motor (I guess, not sure of internal compartment). Never noticed this EVER before. Problem is: red dot flickers on/off. Doesn't stay on and plug doesn't seem to have good all around connection. Hence, charger plug appears to be loose in the socket.

I tried to call WaterTech, but only get voice mail. I've been this route before and they NEVER call back. I'll try continuously throughout the day, but anyone out there have any suggestions or recommendations? I'm about ready to buy an Aquabot.

Thanks,

CaryB