+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PoolBuster CGMax troubles

ivyleager is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher ivyleager 0

Default PoolBuster CGMax troubles

Hey y'all,

Just received my PBCGMax back from WaterTech last week. Used it today for first time. I did not get any explanation via phone or insert in return box as to what work, if any, was done.

Previous problem: not alot of suction. I'd have to go over and over a regular dust area along seam on vinyl lining. Sucking up leaves was non-existent. Then, about 3 months into use, product just died. Would not recharge.

Current issue: Still no suction to speak of, product sounds as if it's straining...that's new. Wouldn't even pick up the fine dust stuff on the steps. Did pick up the larger tree/pollen debris in deep end well. Because of the "straining" sound, hooked product back up to the charger. Noticed a red dot inside on motor (I guess, not sure of internal compartment). Never noticed this EVER before. Problem is: red dot flickers on/off. Doesn't stay on and plug doesn't seem to have good all around connection. Hence, charger plug appears to be loose in the socket.

I tried to call WaterTech, but only get voice mail. I've been this route before and they NEVER call back. I'll try continuously throughout the day, but anyone out there have any suggestions or recommendations? I'm about ready to buy an Aquabot.

Thanks,

CaryB

Default Re: PoolBuster CGMax troubles

Cary,

I think you nailed it and you have a bad connection. You either need to send it back or have it repaired by someone else with experience with this product. The red dot is a LED that should illuminate whenever the charger is connected. Maybe the problem is with your charger or its cord/plug?

Besides your new issue this product has limited usefulness when it comes to sucking up leaves. The inlet throat is too small and the flow is too little to suck leaves. In my case Texas Live Oak leaves just move out of the way from an approaching PB.

Many others have reported that after a few months or a year the motor rusts and then soon freezes. Then the batteries have issues. To me in my opinion, this product is poorly designed, and then marketed brilliantly. The catalog shows a beautiful woman in a bathing suit using the PB and it is cleaning 100% of whatever is in it's path. I have two females at my home that look like that and I've never seen either one do anything related to cleaning the pool. It just don't happen here, and the PB at best picks up maybe 70% of small debris after 4-5 repeated passes over the same spot.

I wasted my money on the PB.

Good Luck!
    JimmyC

ivyleager is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher ivyleager 0

JimmyC,

I agree. I'm pretty much done with the PoolBuster. Won't ever get another WaterTech product, either.

I'm calling Aquabot!

CaryB

Skillset Guest

I have to say, I am a BIG PB fan. But, I did have some troubles with it. I bought my unit from Costco and it developed problems w/the battery - it only lasted 20 minutes. Exchanged it directly from Watertech and the 2nd unit had the same issues - they gave me a brand new unit, yet it had the same issues. I exchanged it again. The 3rd unit now is working just fine. I did not have any issues with their customer service. They gave me a free filter for all my troubles - not exactly a great way to reward me, but all I wanted was a working unit !

Even though I had this trouble I would not trade the unit for anything. For my 10K gallon pool, I use it for 10 minutes before jumping in the pool to clean the bottom VERY thoroughly. The suction is awesome and it lasts for about 45 minutes. I cannot imagine hauling out a robot or a vacuum hose when the PB attaches to a skimming pole in 5 seconds and minutes later I'm done! There is NOTHING, and I mean nothing, that comes close for me for this convenience. My pool collect a lot of small insects and it would simply be gross to swim with these dead critters at the bottom!

I hope they eventually work out their issues at Watertech, but until someone comes along with something better, the PB is worth every single penny for me.

+ Reply to Thread