+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hazards of partial empty?

Default Hazards of partial empty?

I want to bring my stabilizer level down in my 23000 gal inground pool. What risk do I run emptying the pool?

Default Re: Hazards of partial empty?

Your liner will warp and your walls can collapse (without the force of the water to push back on the walls they can collapse in).

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Hazards of partial empty?

What kind of water source do you have? If unlimited then just drain it down a foot or so, fill, circulate, and drain again. Is very inefficient and may take many cycles but you can dilute that way. I have a stream which is my unlimited supply and one year I think I did 17 cycles. Took many days. Used an old pool pump in the stream to get a good flow. Never tried this but I saw a pool company do it from a distance and that is to use plastic sheets to make a membrane on the water surface. Drain from the bottom and fill from the top. The plastic keeps the full water level and prevents the new from mixing with the old. Get a couple long rolls of the widest stuff you can find and rolls of duct tape. Make the sheet long and wide enough to allow for it to sink as you drain and fill. Don't need any strength and the tape should hold long enough to get the job done. You could also fill from the bottom and use the skimmer pumping to waste to remove from the top. However you would have to sink the sheet initially and not sure how easy that would be.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread