+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hole in liner, again!

Angry Hole in liner, again!

Well I opened the pool last weekend and everything looked great. I vacuumed the pool yesterday and woke up to a pool at least 4 inches lower than when I went to bed and I watched it drain at least another inch until it started raining. I know that liners get holes but what really frustrates me is that we replaced it last year when I opened the pool because the same thing happened. At least last year I know that the liner was old and when it came off the sides were full of tiny holes. Now I just want to get a lot of dirt and be done with pools forever! I guess I will just let it drain until it stops and if I cannot fix the hole I am finished. We are in NJ so we only get about 2 months out of it anyway. Thanks to everyone here at least I know how to find and fix the hole, but what a pain in the butt.
    Jason
    Ewing, NJ
    Vinyl Liner 16x36 22,680
    Hayward Perflex EC-65 DE Filter

Default Re: Hole in liner, again!

Quote Originally Posted by TC CPT View Post
    Well I opened the pool last weekend and everything looked great. I vacuumed the pool yesterday and woke up to a pool at least 4 inches lower than when I went to bed and I watched it drain at least another inch until it started raining. I know that liners get holes but what really frustrates me is that we replaced it last year when I opened the pool because the same thing happened. At least last year I know that the liner was old and when it came off the sides were full of tiny holes. Now I just want to get a lot of dirt and be done with pools forever! I guess I will just let it drain until it stops and if I cannot fix the hole I am finished. We are in NJ so we only get about 2 months out of it anyway. Thanks to everyone here at least I know how to find and fix the hole, but what a pain in the butt.
    Who put the liner in?

warranty?

The water stopped coming out at the level of the returns. Dropped some dye in and it sucked slowly into the deep end return. Maybe it is a plumbing problem. Capped it off and the water has held steady. At least it does not seem to be the new liner, of course the return pipe is under concrete and a patio. Maybe it will just stay capped off for a long while.
    Jason
    Ewing, NJ
    Vinyl Liner 16x36 22,680
    Hayward Perflex EC-65 DE Filter

Do you have a robotic pool cleaner? I have written under another post about my Dolphin and my liner.

I have also discovered that it is not uncommon for carpenter ants to eat vinyl liners.

In either case, find a liner repair service in your area. The guy I found repaired over 100 small slits in my shallow end for $225.00! He uses dive gear for access, and made the patches out of the leftover liner cuts from when my pool was built in 2002. It took him about 2 hours, and he was very thorough.

I seriously considered filling my pool in also. It just comes with the territory.

+ Reply to Thread