+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil in Water

Default Oil in Water

The pump I use to pump the water off of the winter cover blew a seal and spilled water onto the cover. The cover is the water proof type that does not allow water to pass through so I thought the oil would be confined to the top of the cover. Unfortunately a recent storm blew a large branch onto the cover which punctured a hole in the cover. I'm afraid that some oil may have leaked into the pool. If that did happen, what is the best way to clean it. I have a DE filter and a salt system.

Thanks
    ~Anthony
    (35,000 gal, IG, Vinyl, Pool Pilot, DE, Heatpump, Blue Diamond, and of course a PS234s!!)

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Oil in Water

Anthony, you might want to try a 'scum-ball' or similar - they are a cellulite material that absorbs oils off the top of the water - you can either float one in each skimmer or set a few free into the pool. For body oil or suntan lotion, you can rinse them and reuse - with motor oil, I'd make them a 1 time use thing and dispose of them after they've done the job.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Default Re: Oil in Water

waste, thank you very much for the reply. I found the "scum balls" and just ordered a few.
    ~Anthony
    (35,000 gal, IG, Vinyl, Pool Pilot, DE, Heatpump, Blue Diamond, and of course a PS234s!!)

+ Reply to Thread