+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A/G SWG use in I/G pool?

Default A/G SWG use in I/G pool?

If I have a Aquatrol SWG used in my A/G pool and am building an I/G pool with less gallons of water is there any reason why I can't use the same unit for the I/G pool?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: A/G SWG use in I/G pool?

I'm not the expert but I don't see why not. Usually, AG things that don't work in IG pools is because of the depth of the pool, like automatic cleaners.
    Carl

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Cool Re: A/G SWG use in I/G pool?

As long as the A/G unit is rated for less gallons than the pool holds - you are fine going with the smaller SWCG. However, the closer the pool gallonage is to the rating of the unit, the longer you'll have to run the SWCG each day to produce sufficient chlorine. As such, getting an I/G unit may well end up saving you $ in the long run by not having to run as many hours/ day and not need the cells replaced as often.

EDIT-- I meant to say the if the unit is rated for MORE gallons than the pool amt - you'd be OK using it on a IG pool ! Carl caught the misinformation -- good catch!
    Last edited by waste; 03-30-2008 at 07:05 PM.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by waste View Post
    As long as the A/G unit is rated for less gallons than the pool holds - you are fine going with the smaller SWCG. However, the closer the pool gallonage is to the rating of the unit, the longer you'll have to run the SWCG each day to produce sufficient chlorine. As such, getting an I/G unit may well end up saving you $ in the long run by not having to run as many hours/ day and not need the cells replaced as often.
    Don't you have that backwards??????
    Carl

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Red face Re: A/G SWG use in I/G pool?

THANK YOU CARL!!

I meant to say the if the unit is rated for MORE gallons than the pool amt - you'd be OK using it on a IG pool !

For honesty's sake, I'm not going to edit and correct my wording (I've spent the past day and 1/2 in the ^*%&^%*& car and sleeping on a cold, lumpy, puppyfilled and TOO SMALL bed)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Quote Originally Posted by waste View Post
    (I've spent the past day and 1/2 in the ^*%&^%*& car and sleeping on a cold, lumpy, puppyfilled and TOO SMALL bed)
    Wow! Sounds like the wife either has you in the doghouse or is dragging you to dog shows (the car, the cold, and the puppy-filled were all clues. I love dogs but I darn well won't sleep with 'em!)
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread