+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kreepy found Dead in Pool

Cool Kreepy found Dead in Pool

Mr. Krauley was found floating face up in the pool today. He was getting old and after several body transplants, he became too feeble to do his job anymore. If one year of a pool cleaner's life is like 7 years of a human's...he was at least 98 years old...

Now I want something that will do the job for me--quietly, efficiently and no sass. I have no objection to something simple or something new tech. I no longer try to impress my guests with the latest kitchen or pool gadgets, so something good but humble is fine too.

We have hopes of traveling now and then and want to empower our pool to take care of itself. Our pool pump automatically runs on a timer. Occasionally I'll have a neighbor check and make sure the water and salt level is O.K. We have a screened in pool area, so leaves are not an issue--dirt and sand are our foes..
    What kind of pool cleaner can:
    • Operate without Supervison
    • Do a good job using existing suction port, returns and/or pump
    • Doesn't look funky...I want the pool to stand out--not a weird looking cleaner
    • Quiet, discreet...
    Should I consider another Kreepy Krauley (now there is also a Kreepy Kruiser--anyone know the difference between those?)or one of those low pressure cleaners like the LETRO LEGEND II or a suction German engineered oneThe Pool Cleaner (I like how the word "Poolvergnuegen" rolls off my tongue...)

I guess a robotic cleaner means someone has to be around to put it into the pool and then take it out again, huh? I might want to be a bit of an absentee pool owner now and then...

Since my bedroom sliders are right by the pool....do any of these guys make obnoxious noises?

Thanks for any guidance oh pool gurus....I've learned so much on this forum and learned to 'relax' a bit with my pool. It no longer intimidates me like it used to....maybe the mojitos helped out with that...
    Last edited by Karin; 03-09-2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    Karin

11000 gal Gunite pool/spa combo resurfaced 3-2006 with Diamond Brite
    1 HP MaxE-Flo pump
    Sta-Rite 150sq ft cartridge filter
    Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator
    Vintage (ancient) Kreepy Krawley Cleaner
    Heat Pump

joliecharlie is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst joliecharlie 0

Default Re: Kreepy found Dead in Pool

I love our Blue Pearl. Quiet, efficient and has never gotten into trouble unsupervised. It does need human contact, someone has to put it in the pool, push the button and sometime at the end of cycle take it out. I know people that leave theirs in all the time, I chose not to do that.

+ Reply to Thread