+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robo Kleen

KPROMERO is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst KPROMERO 0

Default Robo Kleen

Looking into purchasing one but read some other posts about it but looks like a few posted that they have had problems with it not last too long. Should i buy or not?

Default Re: Robo Kleen

I bought one three seasons ago worked great for 10 days, and then died. They took it back had to argue with them over shipping they wanted me to pay it. Got my replacement a month later. Used it for a month no problems. Second year worked great first couple of months, then it died again and they wouldn't take it back even though I had only had that one for 11 months, but it had been more than a year since my original purchase, so I traced the problem down myself a wire had broken inside the cable where the cable goes into the body. It was my fault from turning the unit upside down to remove the bag. The cable is clamped inside at such a sharp angle that if you turn the unit upside down you stand a chance of breaking wires. After I fixed that problem the power supply died.

The unit when working performs well my pool sits right under an oak tree and the Robo kleen sucks those leaves up easily and even gets hair. I don't think there is anything else out there that’s really any better the Aquabot has spotty reputation as well, and all the rest use the pools pump and filter, which is not a good idea with my canister style filters.

So I guess it's your call. If you get one I would treat like glass and never turn it upside down and rest it on it's cord.

+ Reply to Thread