+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need New Pool Cleaner

chm is offline ** No working email address ** chm 0

Default Need New Pool Cleaner

I have an inground, 34,000 gallon, vinyl liner pool. It is basically rectangular with a little L where the main steps are. I tossed my Letro Legend in the garbage when it broke and need a new cleaner. Can anyone recommend what I should buy?

CarlD, it seems that I read somewhere you like the Blue Pearl. Is that the one I can buy for around $800. I was leaning toward a $400 pressure cleaner, since I still have the pump. Last time I checked the Aquabots were around $1800 and I don't want to make that investment right now. But $800 would be reasonable if that is the one that works well.

Thanks for any input!
    CHM

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Need New Pool Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by chm View Post
    I have an inground, 34,000 gallon, vinyl liner pool. It is basically rectangular with a little L where the main steps are. I tossed my Letro Legend in the garbage when it broke and need a new cleaner. Can anyone recommend what I should buy?

CarlD, it seems that I read somewhere you like the Blue Pearl. Is that the one I can buy for around $800. I was leaning toward a $400 pressure cleaner, since I still have the pump. Last time I checked the Aquabots were around $1800 and I don't want to make that investment right now. But $800 would be reasonable if that is the one that works well.

Thanks for any input!
    CHM
    Not exactly. I have the Blue Diamond with wireless remote. Same company, different unit. Costs about $1500. Aquabots shouldn't be more than $1200 with wireless remote, unless it's a commercial model. I would avoid Dolphins, though. The basic problem is their impeller fan/pump motor is far too weak, so when they have any problems that weakness makes them fail. Other brands have far larger impeller motors which sucks them to the side of the pool better.

I've heard good things about the Pearl, but have no experience with them.
    Carl

Default Re: Need New Pool Cleaner

Caught a sale on the SPP website for a Dirt Devil robot that is identical to the Tiger Shark QC model robot total was $850 including shipping. Same exact product at my local pool supply store quoted for $1250. Works great in our ~17,000 gallon vinyl lined figure 8, although it typically won't go up on the steps. Simple to clean filters- just remove and hose off the debris.

+ Reply to Thread