+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Check System, No Cell Power" Error - Aqualogic PS-8

Default "Check System, No Cell Power" Error - Aqualogic PS-8

Srry for the double post, but hoping the get answers soon.

Anyone seen this error message? I called Goldline and they said it is probably the main board.

In Diagnostic mode it shows 0V, 0A in both positive and negative polarity, so something is definitely wrong. I tried cycling the system at the breaker level on the panel thinking there might be a glitch as well as re-seating the cell connector that plugs into the panel. No joy.

Everything else seems to be working.

The warranty only covers 40% of parts, no labor after three years past install. Of course our unit was installed about 3yrs and 1 month ago.......

Before I call someone out I thought I'd check here it see if any of you had experienced something similar and might have a solution so I am prepared when the repair guys get here.

Default Re: "Check System, No Cell Power" Error - Aqualogic PS-8

Geeper,

I have not had this same problem yet on my AquaLogic PS-4, but I might have some ideas you could try.

Disclaimer - If you are not comfortable around 240 Volts or around electrical circuitry in general, do not try this at home. The voltages and currents inside the AquaLogic can and will easily KILL you.

I would try the following steps:

1. Check the 3 Amp fuse (mini automotive type) at the bottom right of the circuit board.

2. Check the 20 Amp (mini automotive type) fuse at the upper right of the circuit board.

3. The large transformer located to the right of the circuit board (the one NOT on the circuit board) is the transformer for the SWG cell. Check for loose connections at the multiple locations that this transformer connects to the circuit board. This might entail you having to remove either the large transformer, the main circuit board, or both, in order to have adequate access.

I wish I had a circuit diagram for the AquaLogic but Hayward/GoldLine did not include it in their owner's manual. The only difference in the PS-4 or PS-8 or PS-16 is in the local display and the number of high voltage relays. The main circuit board is the same for all of these units. Somehow the "flavor" of the local display (i.e. PS-4 or PS-8 or PS-16 local display) somehow tells the logic on the main board that it is a PS-4 or PS-8 or PS-16.

I hope this helps. Let us know what you find out.

Titaniumboy

Finally got around to looking at the fuses and both look good. It's in winter mode right now (too cold for chlorine) so I'll have to wait until spring to see if reseating the fuses helped. If not, may need a new board.

Didn't take the time to check the xformer, but that could be the issue I guess.

Any other info is appreciated

We're fully into spring mode now and no go on the fuse reset. Still getting error. Had the cell checked and it passed, so not sure what else could be the issue.

Anyone else seeing this at all and have a fix?

I have PS4 system and just stated having the same problem. Bad timing as temps are getting nice here in Phoenix and I have to go and buy some chlorine My system is about two years old. Any new ideaa/solutions?

No joy. I called Goldline and they said it's probably the main board. I called both of their local repairs reps and one company charges a $105 fee just to come diagnose things. The other came out for free but told me to replace my salt cell, even after I told them I had had it tested and it passed, so confidence in them is low.

Problem I have with the diagnosis from Goldline of a failed board is that everything else works just fine except the salt cell, so I am leery to think it is the main board.

I am going to have my cell checked at another place to see if it passes there too. If so, I'll have confidence that it is not the cell and will have to have the expensive company come and check things out.

Same problem here with the temps. I'm putting 2 chlorine pucks in my skimmer every couple days and I want to get back to salt, so need to do something soon.

If you get someone to figure yours out, I'd appreciate the input

+ Reply to Thread