+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank you Ben

Thumbs up Thank you Ben

For another year of painless and relatively inexpensive pool ownership. I closed today, and was just reflecting on how easy it was to take care of the pool compared to the horror stories I hear from people being pool-stored. If I hadn't learned from this site and Ben, it would be a much more difficult job.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thumbs up Re: Thank you Ben

Hear, Hear!!!! I fully agree with John! While I hope I've helped some folks with pool questions, what I've gleaned here has helped me with my job so many times!

I hope and pray that Ben is well and will soon rejoin us!!
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

elsie is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst elsie 0

Default Re: Thank you Ben

Obscure as he's been this past season, I, too, thank Ben. I knew zero, I mean ZERO when five years ago I moved from almost 50 years of living in the frigid tundra known as Minnesota to the deep south in Alabama, and bought my sweet treehouse on a half acre with a pool (and a gazillion too many trees, at least in terms of having a pool -- but it's sure great for privacy). When I think back and how naive I was, oh gosh, what I learned after studiously reviewing this forum several hours a day for a month.

Yep, once upon a time I even used idiot strips; took the pool store's advice and used a nonchlorine shock and had a cloudy pool; used the pucks and had an outrageously high CYA; and generally bought everything the pool store advised at a cost, I think, of around $800 that first season. Now, it's a cup of acid once in a while and a few cups of good old nonscented 6% bleach from the grocery store each day. How simple, how economical, and the water's always clear.

And I also thank all the wonderful mods on this forum which, apparently, I'm still very attached to as I haven't yet registered with the one (or two) sister sites created in Ben's absence and concern of this forum one day being lost to the stars.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Elsie

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

I would also like to thank Ben, and send him my best wishes wherever he is
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Another "happy camper" because I found PoolSolutions!....and all the wonderful mods, too. A great big THANK YOU to the MODS for all your help and to Ben for making it all possible. All of you have been wonderful.......and our water is always sparkling and clear .....
    .............This is what I think of every time I think of PS, "Shane, Shane, come back Shane......" Ben, good luck and best wishes to you, wherever you are.

Joyce
    18,000 IG Gunite/Plaster, Hayward Sand Filter

+ Reply to Thread