+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need vacuum (non automatic) help on hook up? What parts do I need and how.

mjs31 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mjs31 0

Default I need vacuum (non automatic) help on hook up? What parts do I need and how.

I cannot believe I need to ask this, but here goes. I have the pool buster and pool rover which work great, but I also want to get a regular pool vacuum. Here is my question. What do I need to get to hook things up? I can find the obvious vacuum heads and hoses, but do I need something to hook up to my skimmer as well or how does this work?

I have a 24' above ground with sand filter.

I am laughing at this, but I have never had to hook this style up.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Smile Re: I need vacuum (non automatic) help on hook up? What parts do I need and how.

Why be worried about asking a question about something you've never done?

You can just put the vac hose into the suction port of the skimmer, but having the basket in place will catch the larger debris. Towards that end, there are plastic plates that can be attached to the vac hose to 'adapt' it to the skimmer and be able to leave the basket in place. Some vac hoses have one of the 'cuffs' that will swivel, attach that end to the vac head - if put in the skimmer it will suck air.

I hope this helps, if you need more info, you know where to ask
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: I need vacuum (non automatic) help on hook up? What parts do I need and how.

Here is a link to show you what it looks like - you can find them at a pool store, or online

http://www.a2zpoolsupply.com/more/57...Number-Marker/
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Default Re: I need vacuum (non automatic) help on hook up? What parts do I need and how.

Thanks for the info. I will look into this. I thought it was a vacuum issue I had, but turns out my sandfilter is the culprit. Looks like a busted lateral or something similar is causing sand to flow back in.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thumbs up Re: I need vacuum (non automatic) help on hook up? What parts do I need and how.

If you need any help with getting the sand out or checking the laterals, all you need do is ask us
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Me again. How would this listed adapter hook up? Looks like my Poolbuster battery will not charge so i am going to need to get a regular vacuum. I would imagine that most of these types of vacuums are about the same? Hopefully there is not a need to hook anything up to my return line since I have the Aqualuminator in place there.

Thanks for your help

Mike

QUOTE=mbar;52940]Here is a link to show you what it looks like - you can find them at a pool store, or online

http://www.a2zpoolsupply.com/more/57...Number-Marker/[/QUOTE]

The adapter plate goes on top of the skimmer basket, vac hose attaches to that. The other end of the vac hose attaches to the vac head. No need to do anything with the return.

Thanks for the quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by greenacres View Post
    The adapter plate goes on top of the skimmer basket, vac hose attaches to that. The other end of the vac hose attaches to the vac head. No need to do anything with the return.

+ Reply to Thread