+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SWCG...best decision I've ever made

steveinaz is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher steveinaz 2 stars steveinaz 2 stars

Default SWCG...best decision I've ever made

I seriously encourage anyone building a new pool to consider a SWCG. This was my first pool season (new IG since April) and it has been great. The first 6 weeks I used BBB, then the pool builder fired up the SWCG. I can't think of any other thing that can reduce the maintenance/hassle than this piece of equipment. It has been pure joy. Vacation? No problem--go. The SWCG has you covered.

I am so glad we looked into this, and it's got 2 of my friends that are pool owners thinking seriously about purchasing one. They really like the soft water and still can't get over the fact that I have no chlorine in the garage. Both of them warned me that the "first year" is always the hardest with a new pool, and I would have plenty of problems---mine was a breeze.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thumbs up Re: SWCG...best decision I've ever made

Steve,

That's GREAT!!

I agree that the improvements made to SWCGs in the past 15 years have made them more viable to more pool owners, however - some folks just can't justify the cost of them vs. the cost of bleach and the extra time spent maintaining the pool. What really matters is that any pool owner has a clean, easy to maintain pool that fits their budget/ time schedule.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

mikemedic is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst mikemedic 0

Default Re: SWCG...best decision I've ever made

What kind do you have. I have a 22000 gallon IG Vinyl and interested in installing one next year
    Thanks
    Mike

Mike, I went with the ECOmatic ESC 36 model for pool of about the same size. It's been installed for a year and no complaints. Good price point and and easy install. I also like the clear cell housing so I don't have to pull the cell to inspect it for build up. It also has a reverse polarity function that helps reduce scaling and increases cell life.

http://www.balboainstruments.com/page218.html
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

steveinaz is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher steveinaz 2 stars steveinaz 2 stars

Quote Originally Posted by mikemedic View Post
    What kind do you have. I have a 22000 gallon IG Vinyl and interested in installing one next year
    Thanks
    Mike
    I have a QuikChlor, which is pretty proprietary---but there are many good ones out there to choose from.

+ Reply to Thread