+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happens to the Best of Us

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Happens to the Best of Us

Just got back from vacation last night and after 2 1/2 weeks my pool is a bit of a mess.

A friend had been pouring in a jug of bleach every other day, and, while that's worked GREAT in the past, this time it didn't. I suspect the vast amount of rain while we were gone didn't help.

So the Blue Diamond is on its second run, the chlorine is dosed up, and the pump is running full 24/7. I backwashed this morning, added more DE to the filter and dosed up the chlorine again. We'll see where we are tonight.

But I definitely have a bloom.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Happens to the Best of Us

Oh yeah?

Is there some magick kem-i-cal I can buy for $49.95 a quart, throw it in, and overnight my pool is clean? All I gotta do is add 10 quarts......
    Carl

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

You know the drill - bleach, bleach, bleach oh yeah, and POP
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Quote Originally Posted by mbar View Post
    You know the drill - bleach, bleach, bleach oh yeah, and POP
    Yup, I know the drill. After all, I've written it about 100 times! And it's working. Bleach/LC 2-3x/day, filter 24/7. Backwash as needed, vacuum and brush everyday (thank goodness for my Blue Diamond) and lots of POPP.

Even though the water was cloudy tonite my FC was 10 and my CC was .5-1.0. Added another gal of 12.5%...which should take it to 16ppm--just above shock level for my CYA.

It's getting clearer and the process is working. I have POPP, too.
    Carl

zephans is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst zephans 0

POP? POPP? Sorry, I haven't heard that term yet. Quick definition please? (My guess is POP=Plenty of patience but I have no idea what POPP is. POOP = what you said when you got back to find a marsh instead of a pool.)
    Thanks! -ZephanS
    AG BF 13.5'x23.5'x54" (wups) Diamond Star (Wil-bar) purchased 5/30/2007 from sunenterprises.com. 2hp pump + 150lb sand filter (both WaterWay combo) using 75lbs zeobrite + SWG.
    Dug and built ourselves in ~30hrs by ~7/4 thanks to PF (esp. hrdennis,nwmnmom,matt4x4,Waste,CarlD, &others). ~$5,500 total cost.

Talking Re: Happens to the Best of Us

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Yup, I know the drill. After all, I've written it about 100 times!
    Chairman Mao was a great adovcate of returning to work the rice paddies once in a while!

Failing that, just paypal $299 to Spensar'smagicalgaegoop@gmail.com and a representative will deliver a magic solution. Please be sure to follow the instructions carefully: it must be used with your filter on and the level of chlorine as per the instructions. If followed, guaranteed to kill the algae!!

IG 32' x 16', vinyl 19,500 l, Sand filter, Hawyard Low NOx 250,000 btu heater
    Heating? Great info on why a solar cover saves $$$?
    http://energy.gov/energysaver/articl...ng-pool-covers

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Hee hee, there are a lot of ways get parted with your money, but thanks to all on this forum we have learned how to avoid this with our pools - now for the rest of my house????
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

POPP: Pool Owner Patience and Persistence!

Magic goop--just like instant water: Fill a cup from a drinking fountain water, add Instant Water, stir and VOILA! water!
    Carl

karrde97 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst karrde97 0

I has the same problem in June when it rained all the time. Took about a week to get cleared up.

We got a bunch of rain again a couple weeks ago. I managed to catch it in time. I started pump 24/7 and tons of bleach when it was getting cloudy. Still took a week but I got it.

I've got a HUGE box of DE I bought at Lowe's when I only needed (1) Cup. I didn't think about adding that. I'll do that next time.
    21' AG 48" AquaLeader
    Central Illinois

+ Reply to Thread