+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For those of you with sand blowing back into the pool....

Default Re: For those of you with sand blowing back into the pool....

New versus old laterals. Slightly different models, as I have an older Triton from the 80's as opposed to the current Triton II.
    image.jpg
    26,000 gal IG vinyl liner pool (20'x40'), Waterway SMF-110 wet end w/ Century SQS-1072R motor, Pac-Fab Triton TR60 sand filter, K-2006A. Manually added chems: 12.5% NaClO liquid, granular CYA, baking soda, 31% muriatic acid.

I suppose this could have happened before I was putting the laterals in, but I think I overtightened the laterals, and... CRACK! There goes the hub...
    IMG_1432.jpg
    26,000 gal IG vinyl liner pool (20'x40'), Waterway SMF-110 wet end w/ Century SQS-1072R motor, Pac-Fab Triton TR60 sand filter, K-2006A. Manually added chems: 12.5% NaClO liquid, granular CYA, baking soda, 31% muriatic acid.

New hub and old hub. Too bad they don't attach the same, but the parts are damn similar for a Pac-Fab Triton from the 80's, versus a current Pentair Triton II.
    IMG_1435.jpg

Here's what a groove created by sand looks like. This must be the culprit to where sand was blowing back in, though the entire web of lateral spokes were cracked long before I got into the filter yesterday. The spots where it cracked show some aging and wear, as if they'd been there for a while.
    IMG_1436.jpg

I believed that my filter was blowing sand, but it was particles my filter was not picking up. I started adding DE to my filter and it has had tremendous results. I followed the recommendations on this site.
    30k gal ell-shaped IG pool with TR100 sand filter.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Nothing like a cheap, simple fix! DE as an add-in to a sand filter and skimmer socks are my two favorite cheap fixes.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread