+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fix-a-leak

Default Fix-a-leak

Has anyone used the product Fix-a-leak made by Marlig Industries? You pour it into your pool and it sinks to the bottom while filling in any holes. I'm thinking about trying it out, but just wondering if anyone has had any experience (good or bad) with it. Thanks!

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Fix-a-leak

Sounds bogus like snake oil cures.
    Al

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by snorkly View Post
    Has anyone used the product Fix-a-leak made by Marlig Industries? You pour it into your pool and it sinks to the bottom while filling in any holes. I'm thinking about trying it out, but just wondering if anyone has had any experience (good or bad) with it. Thanks!
    I've never heard of it, but wouldn't put it in my pool....I'm with Al...sounds like snake oil to me.

Janet

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Lo-Chlor has a product called Leak Sealer. It is not for vinyl pools but from what I read on their website it seems to be for plaster or fiberglass pools. Since Lo-Chlor is a Horner company and a sister company to Autopilot and AquaCal perhaps PoolSean knows a bit more about it. Perhaps a PM to him might be in order?

http://www.lo-chlor.com/pool_chemicals/leak_sealer.php
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Default Yes..I used it..

For no reason at all this spring I noticed I was loosing more water than usually. Isolated the leak to my jets in the swim spa. Poured the Fix-a-leak in and ran the pump for 24 hours by-passing the filter. Turn the filter back on for one day and then backwashed. Since April, I had not added one drop of water. Product worked for me. Would use it again if another leak develops.
    Last edited by gverntz3; 08-02-2007 at 01:10 PM.

I read this post about a week ago, and order Lo-Chlor. Used it accordingly to directions, and now have seen no appreciable drop in water levels (even with high temps & dry weather), plus my suction is way up from what it was before using it. I would give this a positive review! Very pleased with the results.

+ Reply to Thread