+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air/Bubbles from jets

Default Air/Bubbles from jets

Yesterday, when the filter pump of my pool started in the morning, I noticed that the water was not circulating in the pool. There was no water coming out of any jets and the pressure on the DE filter was at zero. I put it in spa mode and the water came out in spurts and started circulating. I put it in filter mode, nothing. I repeated the above steps and and on the second try, water came out in spurts through the pool jets and started circulating.

Same thing this morning.

I notice that there are bubbles coming out of two of the pool jets. Pressure is fine.

The filter pump and DE filter are about 16 years old.The filter was opened up and cleaned only recently.

What do you think the problem might be?

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: Air/Bubbles from jets

sounds to me that you have an air leak somewhere - did you check all your seals?
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Default Re: Air/Bubbles from jets

Check the lid on the pump basket (make sure it is clean and tight). What kind of cleaner do you have ? I have a suction side cleaner and have had problems in the past with small holes in the flex tubes drawing air.

Also look at the pump basket after it has sat turned off for a while. Is it still full of water ? It sounds like you are losing prime.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

+ Reply to Thread