+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Checking in / conversion pics

Default Checking in / conversion pics

Hi everyone. I haven't posted since I converted last year.

So far things are going well. I must say that I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of bleach I'm going through on a daily basis, but it's a small price to pay for a crystal clear pool. And it's still significantly less expensive than Baquacrud.

Many, many thanks for your help and encouragement.

By the way, has anyone heard from Ben? I too would be willing to support the cause with a donation or membership fee. This site is too valuable, and it's saved me $$$$.

Anyhow, in case you're curious, here's a link to the pictures I took of my pool during the conversion process last fall, which lasted around 4 days. It went exactly as most of you have described, including my wife becoming seriously apprehensive at one point...lol. She's certainly a believer now though:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...Uy=7ru58t&Ux=1

Have a nice summer!

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default Re: Checking in / conversion pics

Wow that does look scarey! Sure is pretty at the end though!
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

OMG! I would have lost it right there where it turned yellow. A fascinating slideshow, thanks for posting it.

I'm forwarding the link to a friend who switched from bleach to Baquacil because "I'm not a chemist". Whatever. Her pool now is murky and feels oddly soapy, and the water does awful things to my eyes. She recently told me it had turned green but the lady at the pool store sold her some chemical that cleared it right up. And her neighbour up the mountain has paper algea or something like that.

I'm trying to get my friend to go with BBB. She's coming to spend the weekend and we're hoping that once she sees how very little time it takes to "be a chemist" she'll consider switching back to bleach.

Though your photos will scare the you-know-what out of her
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Nice pictures. Great that you are sharing them so others don't freak out when they start the conversion.

Here are the images when I converted 3 years ago. I've been using bleach ever since with nice clear water. We've saved a TON of money making the switch. (10,000 gallon pool)

http://imageevent.com/kcleavenger/poolconversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Nice pictures. Great that you are sharing them so others don't freak out when they start the conversion.

Here are the images when I converted 3 years ago. I've been using bleach ever since with nice clear water. We've saved a TON of money making the switch. (10,000 gallon pool)

http://imageevent.com/kcleavenger/poolconversion
    Wow. Nice pictures yourself. The added captions are helpful. And you have a beautiful pool and deck.
    Last edited by tmess13; 07-20-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Gracie does have a nice deck. What is that material you used? I want it!
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread