+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 speed pump low setting and pressure?

mjs31 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mjs31 0

Default 2 speed pump low setting and pressure?

All my pvc held without leaks, but it looks like the electricians that put my cord on my pentair 2 speed did not hook it up right. Either that or something is damaged. I am only getting low speed.

My main question since I am not sure if this is just a hook up issue or something else....what is a typical low speed pressure for a 3/4 HP motor through a sand filter. I am at about 3psi now. Seems like a good flow through my return, but I am curious. I had an overpowered pump 1.5hp hooked up earlier and was getting 13 psi, but it seemed way to much for my 24ft ABG.

Default Re: 2 speed pump low setting and pressure?

I get about 5 psi on my Sta-Rite 200# filter on low. That is with the same Dynamo 3/4 you have. I do have solar and that is with the solar bypassed. I don't know if the additional hose and hardware changes the pressure. I think I get 13 psi on high. I can't remember, I don't run it much on high.

I answered your wiring question in the other thread. Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Thanks B. I think the pressure is about right and the other link you said looks like what I need after a quick glance.

Much appreciated.

ScottS is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst ScottS 0

I recenty set up my 19" Waterway sand filter and piped it with 1.5" PVC. I've got it mated with a 1hp 2 speed pump and on low my pressure is about 2psi. The flow is good and the water is clearer than ever.

I do have an issue with the multiport valve seating correctly on the filter though. The valve does not seat correctly and will not allow me to tighten the threaded collar all the way. So on high speed the valve pops up some and water comes out between the valve assemble and the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    I recenty set up my 19" Waterway sand filter and piped it with 1.5" PVC. I've got it mated with a 1hp 2 speed pump and on low my pressure is about 2psi. The flow is good and the water is clearer than ever.

I do have an issue with the multiport valve seating correctly on the filter though. The valve does not seat correctly and will not allow me to tighten the threaded collar all the way. So on high speed the valve pops up some and water comes out between the valve assemble and the tank.
    Very glad to hear that scott. I have not got the pump wiring fixed yet so I do not have high speed to compare to. I assume I am running in low speed or else I would have a power issue.

+ Reply to Thread