+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AG robotics, any input?

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default AG robotics, any input?

Anyone have experience good or bad with the AG robotics? We have a Lil Shark automatic but don't like babysitting and persuading it to go where it needs to. If I take the plunge, would like to hear some advice on a robotic (Aquabot Pool Rover, Pool Rover Jr, Dolphin Robo-Kleen, others?)
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Default Re: AG robotics, any input?

I have a robokleen and I love it. There have been some negative posts but I haven't had mine but 6 weeks and I'm hoping my experience will be different. The best thing about it is that it has it's own filter and you do not have to hook it up to your pool filter. I put it in and let it do it's thing. 2 hours later it automticaly turns off. It can be heavy when you first pull it out of the water but it's no problem for me and I'm a small female. I'm very pleased so far. When people see it they call it my pool lawn mower. it is quite big but to me has been worth any trouble. Sharon

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

I was concerned with the Dolphin brands and their inability to operate correctly in cold water - I wonder if I can find any info on the Mfg site about that? Opening in the spring around here the water can be 40 deg F and I have heard they won't run. I was really thinking about a Robo-Kleen too until I heard that. Thanks for your input.
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

mohawk is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mohawk 0

I have the Pool Rover and use it in a 30' pool. It does a good job but still leaves some debris behind. I called the company and they said the Pool Rover Plus has more suction power and would work fine in an above ground pool. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade or not-it will cost more money-of course

So NWMNMom Did you decide on one?
    I can only find 2 AG robotics..... the Robo-kleen & the Aquabot Pool Rovers....
    Have you found any others?

I've had it w/ using my PoolBuster Max for 2-3hours every time we want to swim. We live on dirt roads and we always have to vac up the dust that settles to the bottom of the pool. If its a sunny week & we want to swim everyday we have to vac everyday. The pool is 33'. The PoolBuster only holds a charge for one hour, that is not enough time for us to vac the whole pool completely clean.
    I am ready for a robotic. Plug it in and throw it in. I was considering a pressure side cleaner but i think i really want the *polishing* everyone talks about w/ the robotics. We have dirt and pollens in the air like crazy, maybe the robotics would be worth the extra $$$ to not have to manual vac & to have the water sparkle.
    I love the Pool Buster Max but I don't love it enough to spend 2 hours a day w/ it.
    Please let us know what you decided to do.

~Hoffmans

I bought a Robokleen last june it died within a few weeks. I sent it back and had to insist they pay shipping. Got it back at the end of the summer worked great. This year the plug started melting and now it doesn't work. They won't fix or replace it under warranty, and the won't even sell me parts. They said I can send it back and pay to have it fixed which will probably cost about 75% of what I paid for it. Like I am sure I am going to do that.

bottom line the Robokleen works great while it is working, but they die frequently, check epinions.com, and the company is slow to fix them, and they won't even sell you parts. I wouldn't give you a nickel for a truck load of them, well actually I would I am going to need them for parts LOL.
    Last edited by DCR; 09-18-2007 at 11:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread