Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pool Buster President, Inventor & Owner

Default Re: Pool Buster President, Inventor & Owner

An update on our Pool Buster.
    It is a life saver.
    It is more powerful and FASTER than the vac that came with the pool package.
    I bought the silt bag and I bought the pack of 5 disposable fine silt fabric bags. I use them both every time I vac. They work wonders.
    There are really no cons- except the fact that we actually have to vac the pool ourselves instead of watching a robotic do it.
    So all in all, I love it, wouldn't wana be w/o it.

That being said, I did buy a Robo Kleen last month.
    Now THAT I LOVE!
    Plug him in and he does the work for me. I use that most of the time and only use the Pool Buster if I see something the Robo missed. And actually he has never missed anything yet. So basically- I haven't used the Pool Buster since the Robo took over the drivers seat.
    And you know what- the Robo Keen was cheaper by the time bought all the accessories for the PB.
    I bought the Robo from Cosco.com

I know NWMNMOM had reservations about getting one. Mainly that she was worried about running it in colder water.
    In the manual it states " Optimum water temperature of Robo-Kleen is 65°F to 85°F. Do not operate Robo-Kleen when water temperature exceeds 90°F."

Thanks
    ~Hoffmans

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by ivyleager View Post
    I guess I spoke too soon. I attempted to use my Pool Buster CG today after returning from a brief vacation, and it did not work. The battery can't be dead as it has been plugged in contiuously in laundry room. I unplugged it, attached to telescoping pole, put unit head in water, turned dial to power unit on, and......nothing.

I'm done with this unit. Never felt it matched the cleaning power of my manual vac. I'm considering a Blue Diamond. But, it's another WaterTech product. Polaris is looking good right about now.

CaryB
    It sounds like you have a defective motor/battery pack (it's one unit). If it's still under warranty they should send you a replacement with instructions. I had similar problems (I think I was the first to own one) and waited too long so I had to buy the motor/battery. But WOW! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It was a completely different unit and I haven't pulled the regular vac out of the basement in 3 years!
    Carl

ivyleager is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher ivyleager 0

CarlD,

I've attempted to call them 2x, but no one answers so instruced to leave a message/number for a call back. Well, no call back yet. Yes, it's still under warranty. Bought it early this summer.

I now have a new Polaris 360, and while it cleans well and picks up all the leaves, the hose nuts are the cheapest pieces of $hitake mushrooms I've ever seen. End up with loss of pressure from the hose junctions because to nuts crack UNDER THE SLIGHTEST TIGHTENING PRESSURE. The pool store owner came out for basic installation (free of charge) and had trouble tightening them, even broke 2. He's ordering me more, again free of charge. If this cleaning unit is not to my likeing, I guess I'm left with hiring a hot Latin cabana boy to come out to clean my pool. I'm told Antonio Bandaras is currently not available.

CaryB

steveinaz is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher steveinaz 2 stars steveinaz 2 stars

UPDATE: 6/30/10

My PoolBuster CG died after its first season too. I don't recommend it, nor will I buy another.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

That's a shame--mine is still going strong on its 3rd year.

Janet

Closed Thread