+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: What should it cost w/chemicals?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    One word: Cuisinart Grind 'n Brew

Ok, a couple words... but still.
    Every morning, dump in the beans, pour in the water, push the button.
    Even my wife can do it!
    But it only comes in 10 or 12 cups--weekends we use the BIG 14 cup Cuisinart. (twice a day, too!)
    Carl

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Talking Re: What should it cost w/chemicals?

So you guys get all wired up on the black juice for what??? Pool maintenance???
    hehe!
    We had a 26 hour power failure last fri/saturday - I was going to crank up the genny at 6 am saturday to brew a pot, then decided it might be more neighbour friendly (it hooks up 40 feet from their bedroom) if i just drove the 15 minutes to our closest Tim Horton's and got a couple of extra extra larges - total bill came to 3 bucks and 20 in gas!!!! Was worth it though, nothing like rippin up the unpaved backroads drifting through winding turns, windows down, sunroof open, favorite tunes cranked!

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

If you like American style coffee, try a vacuum brewer and you'll never use a drip brewer again. You can also make great coffee with a press pot. Since obtaining a La Pavoni espresso maker though, I rarely use anything else.

Likewise, roasting the beans yourself makes a huge difference in the quality of the finished product and is pretty darned economical as well.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    So you guys get all wired up on the black juice for what??? Pool maintenance???
    hehe!
    Sure! What's your point??

No, I'm not roasting my own beans...It's not like I have time or energy to do what I need now!

There's also cold-extraction coffee--super-smooth, but uses far too much coffee for what you get.

I mess with the coffee, my wife brains me! So I stick with a GOOD drip pot.
    Carl

CanuckPool is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher CanuckPool 0

CarlD's other signature line...

Stay ahead of your coffee!
    Take 2 to 5 minutes every day for java maintenance!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Sure! What's your point??

No, I'm not roasting my own beans...It's not like I have time or energy to do what I need now!

There's also cold-extraction coffee--super-smooth, but uses far too much coffee for what you get.

I mess with the coffee, my wife brains me! So I stick with a GOOD drip pot.
    Where's chem_geek when we really need him?

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckPool View Post
    CarlD's other signature line...

Stay ahead of your coffee!
    Take 2 to 5 minutes every day for java maintenance!
    ROFLMAO!

I take about that to develop it, but I take a lot more time than that drinking it!
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    Where's chem_geek when we really need him?
    Oh, NO!....Richard would RUIN the coffee. Unlike pool care, GREAT coffee requires a little magic and secret rituals!

No matter how closely she follows my steps, my wife INSISTS that the coffee is always better when I make it!

Either I make great coffee, OR I'M BEING HAD!
    Carl

CanuckPool is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher CanuckPool 0

I heard somewhere if you put a little salt in with your grinds your coffee will be more mellow. Anyone heard the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckPool View Post
    I heard somewhere if you put a little salt in with your grinds your coffee will be more mellow. Anyone heard the same?
    yup. It's an old trick. Never seems to do much to my coffee so I don't bother.

Also heard a little sugar in them--Yuck! The guy who insists that helps makes THE WORST coffee in the world. But he doctors his with tons of milk and sugar. I drink it black.

Good coffee, good water, good measurements, good filters and a good machine make good coffee.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread