+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vinyl Liner stain

Default Vinyl Liner stain

I have a stain on my vinyl liner at the water line in my above ground pool. The stain is on the part of the pool that faces Southwest. A guy at the pool store told me to scrub it with an abrasive pad they sell at the pool store. I did that on Saturday and tonight I noticed that the finish appears to be scrubbed off below the water line. I didn't know what it was until I looked closely and saw scratches.

I did not tear the liner, but it is just a little bit rough in a couple of areas where the finish is gone. I hope I didn't do any damage, other than to the looks of the liner.

I hope someboy can advise me if this will result in the liner failing and if there is anything I can do to repair this.

Thanks!

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Cool Re: Vinyl Liner stain

Welcome to the forum!! I'd say that the liner will be fine, it's just the surface and a little ink that came off. Next time you see the line come back, use a paste of bakingsoda on a green kitchen scrubbie/sponge - it will be a lot less abrasive to the liner.

Again , welcome to the forum! In the future, please ask us first before you listen to some dolt at the pool store
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Default Re: Vinyl Liner stain

Thanks for the answer. I will be sure to come here first in the future!

+ Reply to Thread