+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bioguard Softswim??

Default Bioguard Softswim??

Anybody use Bioguard Softswim chemicals? Apparently this is a no chlorine system. It uses Quaternary Ammonia Compound as an algacide, Biguanide (some man made compound) as I guess what would be the chlorine replacement and very high conecntration of Hydrogen Peroxide. They say you have to use all 3 parts. Thoughts/opinions????

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Bioguard Softswim??

Quote Originally Posted by yjjeeper View Post
    Anybody use Bioguard Softswim chemicals? Apparently this is a no chlorine system. It uses Quaternary Ammonia Compound as an algacide, Biguanide (some man made compound) as I guess what would be the chlorine replacement and very high conecntration of Hydrogen Peroxide. They say you have to use all 3 parts. Thoughts/opinions????

Take a look at the Baquacil forum.....this is the same thing. There are very, very few people around this forum that are fans of the Baq system, because almost all of them have a few seasons of trouble-free water followed by very expensive pools that they can't swim in because they can't clear them up. Hence all the posts about conversion to chlorine. I strongly, strongly advise you to save a ton of money and frustration, and have much more swim time in your pool by using chlorine!

Janet

Oh, it is the same as Baquicil. Thanks Janet, I didn't realize that. I stopped in the pool store today and they were talking about this wonderful softswim stuff. I asked how much it was and that was enough to keep me away from it. So far BBB is working for me this year.

I was a SoftSwim user last year and never will I go back. Too much money and not enough swimming...

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Another system whose primary function is to transfer cash (and lots of it) from you the the pool store and pool chem company.
    Carl

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Interestingly enough, biguanide is NOT registered for use in Canada. What do they know that we don't in the US?
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Interestingly enough, biguanide is NOT registered for use in Canada. What do they know that we don't in the US?
    That is very interesting.

+ Reply to Thread