+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liner pulling from corners

Default Liner pulling from corners

Hi. I have a vinyl liner on my rectangular in-ground pool and the liner is pulling away from the corners. I wish I could upload a picture of it. Is there a way to fix this besides putting a piece of tape on it so that rain doesn't get in? Does this signify that its time to get a new liner?

Default Re: Liner pulling from corners

You should be able to push it back into the coping. If it keeps coming back out there is a bead you can get to push into the coping to help it hold the liner.

In any event it should hook into the coping so it doesn't come out.

Well, the liner isn't loose, it's pulled tight, like the liner shrunk and is pulling away from the corners. So, I can't even push it back to the corner.

In past years I've had the liner fall off on the sides and I've been able to use a hair dryer to stretch it and lock it back in with liner lock. But, in the corners I can't do that because the liner is stretched so tight.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Tom, please check this thread for some advice on getting liners 'back IN track'
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Hi. Thanks for the reply and the link. I've had to use a hair dryer in the past to get the liner back up to the track on the sides of my pool and it worked well. But, in the corners its pulling so far out that its basically a bubble of air between the liner and the corner with a gap on top where rain water can get in. I really wish I could post a picture because I'm probably not explaining it correctly. I'm also thinking that there's not much I can do besides get a new liner or at least tape the gap. I can't get the liner remotely close to the corner track even with a hair dryer and hot water.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Tom, if that is the case, just tape it up. Sometimes liners just WILL NOT GO BACK IN You can use pennies, liner lock or anything else that will fill the track to keep the liner from pulling out further.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread