+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PoolSkim is great!

Hybrid View

Default PoolSkim is great!

I first heard about the PoolSkim (http://www.thepoolskimmer.com/) on this forum when gwrace1 was talking about it. I am not affiliated with them at all.

No one else has mentioned it, so I thought I'd let everyone know that I purchased one and am blown away at how well it works.

I had just spent a 1/2 hour skimming my pool with a net. It still wasn't perfect though as I had a layer of some white cotton like stuff (probably pollen). About 2 hours after I was done we got a 10 minute thunder storm which loaded my pool with leaves and small twigs all over again. Coincidentally, the poolskim had just arrived in the mail. I hooked it up (which is easy...about 5-10 minutes) and threw on the pump.

After about 1-2 hours 1/2 the leaves were gone. I stopped checking it out, and the next morning went out there and all leaves were gone and even better, so was all the pollen like stuff! My pool hasn't looked nicer all season.

I ordered it direct from the manufacturer. It was $65 plus $10 shipping. Ordered on Tuesday or Wednesday and it arrived on Friday.

The only thing they could have done better in my oppinion would have been to add a wire to it's leaf bag so that it stays straight out. Right now it tends to fold a bit and float to the surface, which doesn't neccessarily hurt the circulation, but doesn't help it either.

That is minor though as the product is great. I saw some leaves trying to get by it by sticking to the wall and going past it, but even after getting past it, the whirlpool-like-pulling drew them in and they were sucked up.

Again not affiliated. Just a happy customer. I've had it for 3 days now and haven't had to skim once which is great and my pool looks awesome.

Default Re: PoolSkim is great!

Does it stay on permanently or do you take it off when swimming or vacuuming pool? also can you use the aquabot with it installed or do you have to take it off?

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

So how is this better than the skimmer(s) you already have?

Smile Re: PoolSkim is great!

I got it today and it is awesome. it attaches to the inlet jet not the skimmer basket and it creates a whirlpool effect. you can literally watch all the debris and pollen get sucked into this whirlpool and into the bag. I did try using it with my aquabot and that didn't go well. the aquabot knocked it off the wall and into the bottom of the pool. so no big deal. I'll take it off when using the aquabot. I love the Poolskim. I can't see any need to ever have to skim my pool manually.

Quote Originally Posted by 10$liz View Post
    I got it today and it is awesome. it attaches to the inlet jet not the skimmer basket and it creates a whirlpool effect. you can literally watch all the debris and pollen get sucked into this whirlpool and into the bag. I did try using it with my aquabot and that didn't go well. the aquabot knocked it off the wall and into the bottom of the pool. so no big deal. I'll take it off when using the aquabot. I love the Poolskim. I can't see any need to ever have to skim my pool manually.
    How do you adjust the height so it stays at the surface when water levels flucuate?

And please, is it OK to cover the unit with your solar cover while not using the pool? I need to make sure it won't damage it. Thank you.
    Why BBB? Because money can't buy happiness, but saving it sure can!

Could you please post an estimate of the size of this skimmer? How much space does it take up, approximately? And how easy (or difficult) is it to remove it from the return? My Polaris attaches to the water return.

Looks like a very handy gadget to have and I'm getting the "want it" feeling . . .
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Tredge is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Tredge 0

I ordered one off the advice of this thread.

Worth Every Penny.
    It cut my manual skimming by 90%+ and does a better job at it.

I have a high amount of debri due to the location of my pool and it was a full time job keeping up.

Instructions were good and installation was pretty easy. It also seems to adjust well to several inches of depth as they claim.

If you have poor skimmers or spend too much time like I did with a net then I reccommend it.
    Some people have hobbies.....I have a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtV View Post
    So how is this better than the skimmer(s) you already have?
    I'll give two reasons for my interest:
    -My water level stays on the high side rendering the built-in skimmer nearly useless (for skimming). Rain adds to the water level often enough that I just get tired of lowering it.

-More notably, the builder didn't take into account prevailing winds when he located the skimmer which is placed at the opposite corner from where all debris seems to accumulate. Fortuitously he placed an inlet jet there tho so this thing might save me from cursing the real skimmer as I once again drag out the pole.

Little things, true. But they add up and I'd pay a one-time US$65 for the convenience (maybe).

Those that have one..... can you pull a solar cover over it? We keep our solar cover on all the time when not swimming, so I have to be sure you can cover the poolskim.

Thanks.
    Why BBB? Because money can't buy happiness, but saving it sure can!

+ Reply to Thread