+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PoolSkim is great!

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default Re: PoolSkim is great!

Let me know how it goes. Lazy as I am, its always easy to "click" an item into a shopping basket online. My son just told me that the tree pollen (fluffy cotton variety) is flying like crazy so he was going to swim but decided to leave the cover on until I got home to hand dip all the Junebugs out AND catch the cotton before it hits the main skimmer. Ugh!
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Quote Originally Posted by 10$liz View Post
    I got it today and it is awesome. it attaches to the inlet jet not the skimmer basket and it creates a whirlpool effect. you can literally watch all the debris and pollen get sucked into this whirlpool and into the bag. I did try using it with my aquabot and that didn't go well. the aquabot knocked it off the wall and into the bottom of the pool. so no big deal. I'll take it off when using the aquabot. I love the Poolskim. I can't see any need to ever have to skim my pool manually.
    How do you adjust the height so it stays at the surface when water levels flucuate?

And please, is it OK to cover the unit with your solar cover while not using the pool? I need to make sure it won't damage it. Thank you.
    Why BBB? Because money can't buy happiness, but saving it sure can!

Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom View Post
    Let me know how it goes. Lazy as I am, its always easy to "click" an item into a shopping basket online. My son just told me that the tree pollen (fluffy cotton variety) is flying like crazy so he was going to swim but decided to leave the cover on until I got home to hand dip all the Junebugs out AND catch the cotton before it hits the main skimmer. Ugh!
    Just ordered mine. It'll be a couple weeks before I can report on it's performance but I promise I will.

Could you please post an estimate of the size of this skimmer? How much space does it take up, approximately? And how easy (or difficult) is it to remove it from the return? My Polaris attaches to the water return.

Looks like a very handy gadget to have and I'm getting the "want it" feeling . . .
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

Tredge is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Tredge 0

I ordered one off the advice of this thread.

Worth Every Penny.
    It cut my manual skimming by 90%+ and does a better job at it.

I have a high amount of debri due to the location of my pool and it was a full time job keeping up.

Instructions were good and installation was pretty easy. It also seems to adjust well to several inches of depth as they claim.

If you have poor skimmers or spend too much time like I did with a net then I reccommend it.
    Some people have hobbies.....I have a pool.

I also ordered a pool skim and love it. It does a great job.

salinda is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher salinda 0

I have the same question as in an earlier post: is it easy to remove for swim parties and such? How far does it stick out from the wall?
    Salinda
    owner of ~35,000 gallon plaster IG pool/spa combo. Ikeric Dyna-Miser VS150 filter pump, 2 hp whisperflo spa jet pump, The Pool Cleaner 2x suction cleaner, Clean & Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM2-40 SWG, Sta-rite 400k heater, solar heat pads and coils.

Tredge is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Tredge 0

Hasnt been a problem for parties...I leave it in. Most people just comment about the neato whirlpool thingy and leave it be.

It sticks out about 10" maybe? 1ft max.

Detatches easilly enough without any tools in a few seconds but I havn't had to bother. Also comes with a little stick that keeps the automatic pool cleaner's cord from interfering so I dont bother removing it for that either.
    Some people have hobbies.....I have a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by NullQwerty View Post
    I first heard about the PoolSkim (http://www.thepoolskimmer.com/) on this forum when gwrace1 was talking about it. I am not affiliated with them at all.

No one else has mentioned it, so I thought I'd let everyone know that I purchased one and am blown away at how well it works.

I'm going to have to do a ME TOO post here! What a very cool device!

After reading about it here I spent some time pondering it, and then we had a pool party over the 4th of July with seven German Shepherds in the water for three days. The hair! Oh, the hair!!! We ran the pump 24/7, we cleaned the sock every 15 minutes, and in the mornings I scooped so much balled up dog hair off the bottom I could have built several more dogs.

Ordered it from In The Swim on Tuesday. It arrived this morning. I puzzled over the many elbow connectors for some time until I had it installed. Still have to cut the length of PVC pipe that came with it and put in the screws but it is in and it is working.

Wowser! I stood there smoking a stogie while I watched Japanese beetles flaoting clear from the other site of the pool inexorably toward the hat to get sucked into the bag.

As we used to say in my day: Like . . . groovy, man!

Question: once I get all the elbows and the height properly adjusted, is it ok to use PVC glue to hold them together? Or is it better to stick with the little screws in case I want to make directional adjustments?

Anna
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

+ Reply to Thread