My water is pretty filthy but I keep backwashing and watch my money (de) flow out of my yard and then i put more money (de) into the skimmer for the filter only to work for a little while and then the pressure rises up to like 30psi and water barely flows into the skimmers anymore.

I opened up the filter and hosed the grids off twice in the last week, it makes it better for like an hour and then bam, high pressure.

Should i do the acid soak for the de tentacles or is there something else I am doing wrong?

Oh and another thing, when i backwash, how do i know all the de is out? is it when the water starts flowing clear? and then do i go ahead and put the full amount of de back in (5-6 lbs)?

I think I am doing something wrong when my pressure goes high. I've been bumping the unit which knocks the psi down for a few minutes and then it goes back up. Then I backwash for like 2 minutes until the water goes from milky to clear and then I bump some more and add a few big scoops of de to my skimmer. This was lowering my psi temporarily but now even that temporary period is very short.

What should I do?