+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just bought a Dolphin - would love tips

Default Re: Just bought a Dolphin - would love tips

Just made the Dolphin plunge (on ebay!). So...is the caddy worth the additional expense or just try lugging it around for the first season?
    -Marty

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by martyhammer
    Just made the Dolphin plunge (on ebay!). So...is the caddy worth the additional expense or just try lugging it around for the first season?
    -Marty
    I dunno. It doesn't roll very well at all--it's poorly made and they charge a lot for it. But you can keep it all together and lines neat. Plus it protects the brushes.
    Carl

hzz is offline Lifetime Member Thread Analyst hzz 1 star

I like the caddy. It is poorly made, but it does help to lug the dolphin around. The dolphin is quite a bit heavier than the aquabot.

Also, my caddy has the transformer hooked on to it,so you don't have to carry that separately.

Not sure what the caddy costs as I got it together with my dolphin on ebay.

tonyl is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst tonyl 0

I store mine on its side opposite the cable. My sport pool is symetrical, yet for some reason the dolphin cleans BEST with the handle adjacent to the cable and diagonal. I have no explanation for why this seems to be true but reversing away from the cable and diagonal, it spends 98% between the two returns and misses large areas on each end. The power supply is right at the middle of the pool.

I still reverse the handle occasionally, but generally after cleaning will lay "Dollie" on her side with the cable up. Then I unhook the cable from the power supply, stretch it out and untwist it then reattach it to the power supply. Stretching the cable out seems to eliminate the "memory".

Hope this helps, Tony

I just got my dolphin model 2019 and not happy with it. Just a warning for you guys that have irregular shaped pool, it get stuck. This is probably great for rectangle or oval shaped pool. The manufacturer said I should have bought a 2020 model which is remote control and can be programmed.

Can anyone comment on whether the remote is worth the extra cash for the dolphin. It is almost $500 more at Leslies here. seems like a lot for a remote...

Hal

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I thought it was. It doesn't drive the Dolphin with as much control as I would like, but I'd still rather have it than not. It also makes programming the automatic mode a SNAP! The Dynamic (remote) has split brushes that can turn in opposite directions. The diagnostic (non-remote) doesn't. I have no idea how it turns.
    Carl

I am getting ready to buy the dolphin with remote and I will let you guys know if it's worth it. Like I stated above the dolphin model 2019 is without remote and it will not work for me because of irregularly shaped pool, and they recommend the dolphin 2020 which is the one with remote.

+ Reply to Thread