+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris Hose leaks

Hybrid View

Default Polaris Hose leaks

Is there any trick to getting the Polaris hose to not leak at the joints? I just got a new Polaris 360 and I've tried tightening and everything else I can think of to get the hose to not leak at the joints with only temporary success at best, and one joint that will not stop period.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Polaris Hose leaks

Quote Originally Posted by anotherpyr View Post
    Is there any trick to getting the Polaris hose to not leak at the joints? I just got a new Polaris 360 and I've tried tightening and everything else I can think of to get the hose to not leak at the joints with only temporary success at best, and one joint that will not stop period.
    I have the 380 and have not ever had problems with leaks. The hose on mine is a real bear to get over the fittings because it's so tight, then it has the plastic ring that screws down over the top of the fitting to make sure it stays tightly. Does yours have the rings?

Janet

Default Re: Polaris Hose leaks

There are O rings and I've tightened the collars on the hose where its been leaking and tried various things with different levels of success. But still no way to stop it from leaking. I went from only 1 joint leaking to 3 now. I was ready to break out the silicon and teflon tape next. ;-)

Anyways I called Polaris and after pressing the numbers on the phone 42 (the answer to life, the universe, and everything) times, I got through to a Polaris tech person who pretty much said it was a noob question and that the Polaris 360 hose should leak at the joints. As long as the wheels are turning at the correct revolutions everything should be fine. I told him one joint more than dribbled and he said I may have too much pressure. That might be true as the pressure relief valve is releasing some water.

And here I was worried I may not have a big enough pump to drive it.

+ Reply to Thread