+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ok i think i want to go automatic

fog80 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst fog80 0

Default ok i think i want to go automatic

This is year 4 and im getting a little tired of vacuuming multiple times a week because pine needles from my neighbors trees are getting into my ig pool.

I really really dont want to spend a lot of money but i want the best bang for the buck.....what cleaner should i be looking at?

joliecharlie is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst joliecharlie 0

Default Re: ok i think i want to go automatic

They aren't cheap but I am glad I bought a Blue Pearl.
    It works great, easy to use, don't have to babysit it, I could go on and on.

Others on the forum sang the praise of Blue Pearl, I just decided to believe what I was reading from people I don't know from Adam's house cat...lo and behold they were right!!

I got it from PoolDr. com had free shipping, great return policy and an extra bag free. I didn't buy a cart, I use a Rubbermaid tub to store it.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

You don't HAVE to get a robotic. There are lots of automatic cleaners out there. I used to use (and still have) a Polaris 165 that's good for picking up the bigger stuff, but it takes a fistful of cotton balls for it to pick up finer sand and stuff. It doesn't brush the walls either.

During the fiasco last summer of my original Dolphin not working, I went back to using it and it still worked fine. But it's not nearly as potent as a robotic, which brushes the pool, and super-filters the water as it does so.

And it costs a lot less.
    Carl

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I'm a Polaris fan. There are those of us who love them and those of us who hate them...but I guess you're going to find that with anything.

Janet

fog80 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst fog80 0

Thanks guys. I think if I am going to get something I will do the robotic because I want something that will scrub the walls and polish the water.

For the price of the polaris Carl is talking about I can spend a few hundred more and get a used robotic off ebay.

I'll take a look at the blue pearl.....what i will probably end up doing is waiting till winter time and hope to get one cheap.

I have a polaris 380 sitting in my garage because an underground line broke. I replaced it with a blue pearl and am very happy I did. The blue pearl does such a far superior job to the polaris.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by fog80 View Post
    Thanks guys. I think if I am going to get something I will do the robotic because I want something that will scrub the walls and polish the water.

For the price of the polaris Carl is talking about I can spend a few hundred more and get a used robotic off ebay.

I'll take a look at the blue pearl.....what i will probably end up doing is waiting till winter time and hope to get one cheap.
    Ultimately, robotics do the best job. But you should know there are lots of alternatives--suction side, pressure side, pump-assisted, simple robots, and advanced robotics.
    Carl

So exactly how do the robotic cleaners polish the water so well, is there a super fine filter in them? Does anyone know down to what size particle they filter?

I believe (but am not positive) that the filter bag on my blue pearl is either 10 or 20 microns. All I know is that I can put it in the water when there is no cleaning needed and the bag gets a nice coating of crap on it and the water is cleaner when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannapool View Post
    So exactly how do the robotic cleaners polish the water so well, is there a super fine filter in them? Does anyone know down to what size particle they filter?
    My Aquabot filters to 2 microns. [Editted out mistype of 20 microns]
    Last edited by ccostan; 06-04-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Wrong information.

+ Reply to Thread