+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help - Dolphin From Costco Works For 10min And Then Stops !

Default Re: Help - Dolphin From Costco Works For 10min And Then Stops !

I just ordered the aquabot turbo c from costco. Will let you know how things go. Ordered it sunday and will be here tomorow,thur. Can not wait to try it out. chris
    Blding 18x36 IG vinyl rectangle with custom inpool steps, 22,000 gallons. Chris In Chapel Hill, NC us7sail@earthlink.net

Thanks- Yes please let me know how the Aquabot works for you. Is this your first purchase of a robotic cleaner ? My pool is a bit of a free-form shape, so that is a concern for me - - but nothing is perfect...

Yes this is the first robot for me. Used a baracuda that my dad has and was more a pain in the ass than anything. I want something I can throw in and forget. My wife wants me in the house with the newborn not manually cleaning the pool. I told her the robot was the only way.
    Blding 18x36 IG vinyl rectangle with custom inpool steps, 22,000 gallons. Chris In Chapel Hill, NC us7sail@earthlink.net

Well just put the bot in the pool and it worked great. The pool was significantly cleaner after one 4hr run and I have been running the filter a lot lately. Looks like it covered the entire pool even the in pool steps. Ran up to the waterline with out any problems. No sticking on the ladder. Did have a problem with the main drain. I was sort of disappointed as I did not want to have to purchase a adapter. Other wise I was pleased. Recieved the bot in 4 days despite the advertised 7-10 shipping.

Thanks for the update on your Aquabot - - Enjoy. Well my update goes like this... I spoke to Dolphin US customer service after waiting 30min plus on hold and was told as follows:

1) If Temp. in the pool is under 65 degrees may not run. Told her the manual says nothing like that. In fact the only mention of temperature constriants I could find relate to the Dolphin climbing walls and even that says under 54 degrees may not climb. Her answer - "Yea I know." Also, last season when I opened I had no problem and water temp was approx. the same.

2) Make sure filter bag is clean. She said should be washed in the machine w/ Oxyclean. Told her I never had a problem last year, but will try it if necessary.

3) Try running it w/o the filter bag, as recommended to me herein.

Well last weekend, temp. in the pool had reached a balmy 72 degrees (no heater - - but that is another story). Thus, I dropped it in w/ the filter bag and same thing happened... It ran for 10 min or so and stopped. Thereafter, I removed the filter bag and tried again. Same problem. Based upon the foregoing, I figured it was unnecessary to try and wash the bag. Accordingly, I packed it up and returned it to Costco. I must now decide in the next few days whether I will just try another Dolphin through Costco or go with the Aquabot Turbo C - - also through Costco. Any help with this decision would be most appreciated. It looks as if the Turbo C does not have a remote and does not come with a cart at Costco - correct ? Thanks.

I bought my Dolphin from Costco 2 seasons ago. It has always worked great. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

After the first use of this season, I lifted the unit out of the water rapidly, with a really heavy load of debris in it, and it snapped off one of the yellow locking plates. I called SmartPool and they shipped me out replacements plates the same day n/c. I don't know if it will eventually manifest problems, but I'm really happy I went with it so far.

Dave
    50,000 gallon vinyl IG located in Oklahoma.

- Korinian

Thanks Dave. I may just stick with the Dolphin as well, since when it worked, it did a great job. Of course I dive back in (no pun intended) with the Dolphin only b/c I know COSTCO would stand behind it if future problems should arise.

+ Reply to Thread