+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New liner, wrinkles - vacuum?

Default New liner, wrinkles - vacuum?

We are slowly (since the water truck broke down) filling our new liner in our inground pool. We have some wrinkles already but I assume we can't do anything about the ones that are already there (I don't think?) unless we drain and start over which we cannot do.

We tried the vacuum trick, putting the hose down to the bottom of the shallow end, packing around the opening with wet rags, and turning it on, but it doesn't seem to work. Can I really get an airtight seal with skimmers and return lines open? Do I have to figure out some way to plug them? We haven't reached the level to put on new faceplates and cut out our return openings yet, so I can't picture how this will work.

Thanks for any advice. I'd like to have no more additional wrinkles put in if I can help it.

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Default Re: New liner, wrinkles - vacuum?

The only way to work out the wrinkles is to do it as it's filling, no more that 2 inches of water or it gets too heavy to pull the liner.
    Witout taping off any exposed holes you won't get a seal with the vacuum - the vac trick works well on AG pools, however, IG polls should be installed with a liner that has a little more strech and avoids wrinkles by being undersized and stretching instead of oversized and needing pulls and tucks to get rid of excess.

Default Re: New liner, wrinkles - vacuum?

We just had our liner for our IG vinyl pool installed last Saturday the 19th. Our PB worked the bead of the liner in the track slowly around the pool while smoothing out any wrinkles as he went. He then installed three equally spaced vacuum nozzles between the wall and the liner and used duct tape to seal.

Water was added while he and his crew were in the pool smoothing out any wrinkles they could find. Once he was sure an area was wrinkle free they removed each vacuum and tucked the bead in.

It worked very well, not a wrinkle to be found.

+ Reply to Thread