+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noisy Pump How to disasemble properly

Default Noisy Pump How to disasemble properly

Ok so this is only its third full season, My Hayward EP1550LX is making an awefull squelling sound, its definetly bearing related, just cant figure out how to get the motor apart to look at it, I have the impeller and all that off the unit but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the actual motor apart, im sure its fixable if I could get it apart, so first things first, does anyone know how this unit comes apart, and second if I were to just replace the entire unit which would be a proper replacement, this is my first pool and I have a 25" Swimpro by hayward (250 pound) sand filter, the current motor is a 2hp unit, not much info online about it, in fact I cant find anything over 1.5 hp online. Should I stay with a 2hp motor pump, my pool is a 30' round 52" high. Any help is grealy apreciated.

TIA

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

Default Re: Noisy Pump How to disasemble properly

some tips once you do get it apart..still looking for you on motor disassembly:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...5449b4a67b4d36

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

well, it appears to be like an ancient chinese secret beyond the disassembly you and i have already learned how to do i did a big search for ao smith motor disassembly given how most pool pumps use those but nothing beyond how to do what we've done..i took the back cap off my spare motor to check it out and my guess is you remove the end screw off the hub there and take all the electrical part out and maybe there's something under there to unscrew that "base" out..once in there, it's just getting at the armature. i don't think from what i recall when i took my front end all apart, that i saw any screws on that impeller end of the motor. oh, the good news? i've been searching high and low for the screw for the switch i took off my spare motor to mount it..found it

Does anyone have any recommendations on pumps that would match my setup, with the 25" 250 pound sand filter and a 30' pool? Also what exactly is the difference with a pump for above ground and inground, im finding conflicting recommendations on some pumps.

+ Reply to Thread