+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much extra yard room is needed for 24' AG install?

mjs31 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mjs31 0

Default How much extra yard room is needed for 24' AG install?

May not be wording that correctly, but I am having a 24' round ag installed within the next couple of weeks. The wife and I are trying to decide where in the yard to put it. My question is how much actual room does the pool need? I know the 24' part, but how much around it is needed and what is the purpose of the extra space meaning could the extra space be used as part of a walk way? We want to put a small walk way around it anyway, so I am trying to get at least an approximate space requirement.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Default Re: How much extra yard room is needed for 24' AG install?

Hi, you should allow about three feet extra around the pool. Plan on a thirty foot circle of level, grass free area and you will be just fine.

Best of luck, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by hrsdennis View Post
    Hi, you should allow about three feet extra around the pool. Plan on a thirty foot circle of level, grass free area and you will be just fine.

Best of luck, Dennis
    Thanks Dennis. Unfortunately my yard is not grass free and, of course, has one of the worse for Pool liners...Bermuda. I have began killing that area, but I would guess the installers, who will also be excavating, will dig up that section? It is relatively flat so that part will not be an issue...just the grass.

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Don't assume anything, in most cases they will only do what is necessary to get a level surface, digging out problem grass is above and beyond that.
    I'd be hitting that stuff with some roundup about 2-3 weeks prior to the pool install since Roundup requires sunlight and actively growing vegetation to work.

Mike, I agree, don’t assume. The thirty foot I was talking about was after the ground prep and installation. To keep the grass out of the pool for ever a three foot area, grass free, around the pool is needed. To keep the pool from shifting this three foot area should be at least the level of the pool before any drop offs occur.

I was just talking about your final desired outcome, not what you have now. Discuss with the installers about removing grass and leveling ground out beyond the pool area. Also discuss ground treatment and guaranties regarding grass growth.

Later, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by hrsdennis View Post
    Mike, I agree, don’t assume. The thirty foot I was talking about was after the ground prep and installation. To keep the grass out of the pool for ever a three foot area, grass free, around the pool is needed. To keep the pool from shifting this three foot area should be at least the level of the pool before any drop offs occur.

I was just talking about your final desired outcome, not what you have now. Discuss with the installers about removing grass and leveling ground out beyond the pool area. Also discuss ground treatment and guaranties regarding grass growth.

Later, Dennis
    Thanks everyone. I am still hitting the grass with concentrated round up. I should not have said assume...I will talk with them when they stop by early next week prior to install.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread