+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris runs but won't vaccuum

Default Polaris runs but won't vaccuum

Looked at the troubleshooting guide suggested on next page of forum (under "Polaris won't climb walls anymore") but it doesn't offer no-vacuuming tips. The polaris runs but will not suck anything into the bag. I notced this morning that the head float is cracked. Does anybody know if the function of the float head has any bearing on vacuuming ability or does anyone have other ideas? This Polaris is a several years old. Thanks for any ideas.

Edit: Loooked at the manual again. Does "won't back-up" mean won't vacuum or won't go backwards?
    Last edited by bayshorebevo; 05-26-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Add'l question

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Polaris runs but won't vaccuum

Quote Originally Posted by bayshorebevo View Post
    Looked at the troubleshooting guide suggested on next page of forum (under "Polaris won't climb walls anymore") but it doesn't offer no-vacuuming tips. The polaris runs but will not suck anything into the bag. I notced this morning that the head float is cracked. Does anybody know if the function of the float head has any bearing on vacuuming ability or does anyone have other ideas? This Polaris is a several years old. Thanks for any ideas.

Edit: Loooked at the manual again. Does "won't back-up" mean won't vacuum or won't go backwards?
    Won't back up means that you don't get the squirt of water out of the backup valve that actually picks the unit up and re-places it into the pool. I don't think the head float has anything to do with the vaccuuming ability--at least when mine was cracked it still would vaccuum. Is it running too fast over the debris, or is it trying to lean over and run on its side?

Janet

markphin is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst markphin 1 star

Default Re: Polaris runs but won't vaccuum

I had the exact same problem as you do last year. I took the whole thing apart. Tuns out that the wire tie that clamps one of the internal hoses broke and the hose came off, thus spraying water inside the unit instead of through the venturis. However it is somewhat hidden, you not only have to take the blue body off but also the "sub" frame attached by 4 screws. Then you can see all the hoses. Since I had apart, I replaced alot of stuff, bearings, wheels, gears etc.
    I fired it up and good as new.

+ Reply to Thread