The Intellichlor SWG by Pentair is a piece of garbage. You may have seen my posts regarding the problems I've had with it. Now my pool builder is telling me that the Pentair Rep says the manual is wrong and that the salt level has to be at least 3400 for the unit to even generate chlorine. My problem with that excuse is that the salt levels are also printed by the lights on the unit itself:

GOOD - If this light is lit the salt level is 3900-2900 and is working properly.
ADD - If this light is on the salt level is between 2900-2500 and is working properly but you should add more salt.
LOW - If this light is on the unit has turned itself off, salt is below 2500, no chlorine is being produced.

Well my salt level is testing at 3600 now. It was at about 3100 for the last week. SWG piece of junk still shows LOW red light, meaning it is doing nothing because the salt level is below 2500.

So now I need to wait another week, probably add more salt and bump it to 4000, at which time the SWG may or may not turn on and actually do it's job. How can Pentair sell a product that specifically says on the unit and in the manual that the unit will operate at any salt level above 2500, yet now the rep says it has to be at least 3400?

This is also the second unit I've had. The first one didn't work either. Does anyone have an Intellichlor SWG that actually works???