+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wireless thermometers...

steveinaz is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher steveinaz 2 stars steveinaz 2 stars

Default Wireless thermometers...

I recently bought a Nu-Temp NU-600, and I'm not impressed (although their customer service is very good). Got the buy 1 get 1 free deal; the first pack, the sensor was bad---constantly read my pool temp at 112 degrees. Second pack, the main unit could not communicate with the remote sensor, even w/ the remote sitting right next to it. Nu-Temp is sending 2 new ones at no cost to me, that's cool. They state the range as 100ft--not even close, more like 20 feet, and you better have a clear line of sight between the remote and main unit.

Anyone find a GOOD wireless pool thermometer with decent range?

Default Re: Wireless thermometers...

Go to sharperimage.com and search pool thermometer and you will find the one we use. Going on the second season now and we really like it. A little pricey at $70 but I tried the cheaper ones first and was not impressed.

steveinaz is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher steveinaz 2 stars steveinaz 2 stars

I looked at that one before, are you able to get a signal thru an IG skimmer? Ideally I'd like to put the thermometer in the skimmer basket and read from the patio (about 30ft)...

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    Go to sharperimage.com and search pool thermometer and you will find the one we use. Going on the second season now and we really like it. A little pricey at $70 but I tried the cheaper ones first and was not impressed.
    I think the SI one is a re-branded Oregon Scientific.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtV View Post
    I think the SI one is a re-branded Oregon Scientific.
    Yes it is- I've seen them elsewhere as such.

I've never tried it in the skimmer, ours is tethered to the rope attachment point. I would imagine it would depend how far away the base is in your case. We have the base attached to the wall by the patio door going out to the pool.

Mike

I have the OS version and it is in the skimmer, and it reads fine from my upstairs living room, about 30 feet away. It did sometimes loose signal when I placed the receiver 15 feet from the window, so I moved the receiver closer to the window. Works fine since I did that.

One thing. Believe them when it says don't leave in freezing water. This is my second one. Won't make that mistake again!

+ Reply to Thread