+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A-B-Cs of liner tucks

Default Re: A-B-Cs of liner tucks

Thanks Waste
    I was just afraid I was about to be buried in about 17,000 gallons of water when I removed the top rails.
    I can't get to the track at all on mine without removing them. and naturally it is mostly on both sides of an upright.

I don't know why I had so many this spring when I removed the cover. Six places I think.

Does the penny really work?

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Thumbs up Re: A-B-Cs of liner tucks

Glad I was able to help

The penny (sometimes you need to use more than 1) trick does work - what you are trying to do is put a wedge in the track where the liner is trying to come out to keep downward pressure on the liner at the track so that the 'barb' on the bead will stay locked onto the track. As such, anything you can use to make that wedge will work, be it coins or pieces of credit card, etc.

Have a great summer and enjoy the pool - we'll be here if you have any other questions
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Here's another technique using duct tape for extra leverage.

It's pretty simple actually. Create handles from the duct tape and tape them down to the liner. You need to use a lot of tape to get it secure them but it should ultimately give you the leverage you need to get the job done.
    Owner CheapLinersOnline
    www.cheaplinersonline.com

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Talking Re: A-B-Cs of liner tucks

Welcome to the forum!

I must be doing it wrong when I've tried the duct tape trick - the d*mn tape always tears and I end up punching myself in the mouth

However, it's a good tool to add to the arsenal (as long as whoever is trying it is more coordinated than I)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

the d*mn tape always tears and I end up punching myself in the mouth
    LOL. That's one of my favorite things to see. The guys do it in the shop at least once a month when they are moving liners around.

The trick is to double, triple, quadruple the tape up and make some good sturdy loops and tape the heck out of them. If the water level is lowered its easier to get a good amount of tape on the liner.

Maybe try it with sparing gear next time

...and thanks for the warm welcome.
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-16-2010 at 08:03 PM.
    Owner CheapLinersOnline
    www.cheaplinersonline.com

+ Reply to Thread