+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolphin climbing saga....

Default Dolphin climbing saga....

Hello all, does anyone have any tricks to get a Dolphin Diagnostic to climb better? I have tried the listed troubleshooting tips to no avail.... I have a 16x40 CPC fiberglass pool. The gelcoat is very smooth and my dolphin won't climb (bought at end of last summer - has never climbed well). The service tech at smartpool told me that I would have to send the unit back for installation of extra "wings" to help the unit climb smooth fiberglass walls. The cost is over $200. And no - they wont send me the parts to install it myself. I paid good money for a product that is advertised to clean and climb any type of pool. Has anyone had to deal with this garbage?? It doesnt even clean the bottom that well since the climbing action (and the angled floats) is what helps the thing effectively maneuver around the pool....

Scott
    16x40 CPC Athens, Northstar 1.5, Hayward 36" sand, Goldline P4, Turbotwister, Hayward HeatPro... etc... etc...

Default Re: Dolphin climbing saga....

That is garbage. Send it back for a full refund. I wouldn't pay the $200 but I might fight them to pay it, or just send it back.

The product plain old sucks. I bought one last year and after a week or two took it back to Costco for a full refund. IF you bought it there you can do that - they will take almost anything back at anytime no questions.

I replaced my unit with a Blue Pearl which works great.

Costco also sells the Aquabot Turbo......how does that compare??

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Update.... I wrote to Maytronics and complained and they said they would have smartpool send me the climbing rings (oops - not wings) so I could install myself. Although if "anything went wrong they will void your warranty in no time" I'll keep you posted. Apparently the dolphin has problems climbing fiberglass pools with very smooth gelcoats...

Scott

simsjim is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst simsjim 0

Just an FYI - I've read (and noticed) that water temp affects the ability to climb. When the water in my IG vinyl pool is 78 degress or greater, the Dolphin climbs much better. Right now, with the water a chilly 69 degrees, it doesnt climb so well.

Just my 2 cents... for what it's worth.

+ Reply to Thread